Dr's Visit..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dr's Visit..... Dr's Visit.....

Unread 05-06-2003, 11:48 PM
Dr's Visit.....

Well, I saw my Dr today, and he didn't have promising news. He said that my tumor has stayed the same, there was no difference since the last time he saw me three weeks ago. Which means that the chemo isn't working, I mean it hasn't grown, so that's good, but it stopped shrinking.

So, next Wednesday, I will probably have my last chemo of Taxol/Carbo. I will then have a CT scan done, and then he will change my chemo. He didn't tell me what I would be taking now, he just said "let's see when we get the results of the CT scan"

I wonder what he going to look for on this scan. I mean he already knows that it hasn't grown any, and he already knows it stayed the same. You think it is possible it has grown the other way. Maybe that's what he wants to see. Oh, oh, that wouldn't be good, I didn't even think of that when he told me about this CT scan. hmmmmm... I guess I will find out next week. No, no, that couldn't be it, cause I'm sure he would have felt that. I mean when he checks me out at these visits, he really goes in there and feels around, so I'm sure he can "feel" the end. Hmmm maybe not. Maybe he thinks I have cancer somewhere else now. Maybe my CA125 went up, I didn't even think to ask him about that. It has been steadily going down, no if it went up I'm sure he would have told me. hmmmm maybe I'm just worrying about nothing....

Maybe I'm just making myself nervous over nothing.... I better calm down, and take some deep breaths.... enjoy spring, and just wait until next Wed. when I go for my chemo. Yeah, that's what I'm going to do.

Thanks guys for letting me vent....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2003, 12:34 AM
Dr's Visit.....

Tammy, I am so sorry that the news wasn't good. Your way of expressing your random thoughts really touched me. I think you're a very special lady.

I'll be saying some prayers and keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Unread 05-07-2003, 05:14 AM
Dr's Visit.....

Tammy,

I am so sorry you're going through all of this. Waiting to find out something is so hard. My prayers and thoughts will be with you. I am wishing that all will be fine. Hang in there and take care of yourself. Keep us informed about how it goes. This website is so nice, we are never alone in out situations with others to share out stories with. God Bless You.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2003, 06:17 AM
Dr's Visit.....

{{Tammy}},
I'm so sorry you had news that wasn't as good as you wanted or we wanted for you. Your "stream of consciousness" post sounded like all our thoughts - up, down, sideways, despair, hope all within 30 seconds.

We'll be with you while you wait for the scan results.
and es,
Laura
Unread 05-07-2003, 06:21 AM
Tammy, you are in my thoughts

and prayers. You really sounded just like me with your thoughts...hang in there. I am so sorry the news wasn't good YET. It is a beautiful spring - enjoy it while it is here!
Unread 05-07-2003, 07:48 AM
Dr's Visit.....

Hang in there Tammy, It sounds like you have hit another bump in the road. Your thoughts sound just like mine. You are in my thoughts and prayers during this waiting time.
Unread 05-07-2003, 08:15 AM
Dr's Visit.....

s Tammy

I too am with you!! The CAT scan will add a dimension to his palpation. And perhaps show better results than expected.
In the meantime, it sure sounds like you know how to not let life pass you by!!!

karenann
Unread 05-07-2003, 10:34 AM
Sorry News Wasn't the Best

But the CT scan will tell more. Do they still have some of the tumor that was taken out so that it cold be analyzed to see what will work against it since taxol/carbo may not be helping. Or maybe the CT scan will show better than he thinks. We all go through this--I understand what you're thinking. Big
Unread 05-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Dr's Visit.....

Hang in there Tammy. Hopefully the CT scan will give you & your doctor a clear picture of what's happening and a care plan can be made to fight this. I am pulling for you.

Ruth S
Unread 05-07-2003, 04:13 PM
Dr's Visit.....

Tammy,

I'm sorry to hear that your appt. did not go as well as we all would have liked! I am thinking positive thoughts for you. Let us know what happens at your next appt.

Beth

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register