Good Night's Sleep - Try this!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Good Night's Sleep - Try this!!! Good Night's Sleep - Try this!!!

Unread 05-07-2003, 05:53 PM
Good Night's Sleep - Try this!!!

Hello!!!!

I have been suffering off and on with sleeplessness. A friend suggested that I try Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy - Lavender Vanilla (SLEEP). It is awesome and it works. I have been sleeping like a baby for 3 weeks. It is worth a try. I have the Blissful Body Wash, Lotion and Linen Spray. Oh my Gosh... it is all I want for my birthday. Boy, do I sleep!!!! I feel so good when I wake up in the morning. Just soaking in the tub is sooooooo relaxing. I really didn't think this would work.....but I was so desparate. I mist my pillows nightly. Please try!!!! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2003, 06:07 PM

I understand Aromethearapy works really well for certain people, this is definitely worth a try for me, my sleep habits are awful. Thanks for the tip!!

s,
lenee
Unread 05-07-2003, 06:49 PM

also, another good thing to eat before going to bed are apples! There's some chemical in them that helps you fall asleep. Plus, they're a good source of fiber to "help" things along.

Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2003, 09:37 PM

Happy Mothers Day to me!!

I will definetly have to be asking for that!! Too bad you cant send a sample to me right now as I am in desperate need of sleep!!

Good night and sweet dreams!!
Unread 05-08-2003, 07:58 AM

Thanks for the tip. I am definately going to stop at the mall on my way home from dr tomorrow. Maybe I can say good bye to Ambien!

Terry
Unread 05-08-2003, 10:26 AM

What a fantastic idea Jackie Denise. I made sure my sheets were brand new when I came home from the hospital. My boyfriend couldn't understand why I insisted on this. I love new sheets and knew they would help me be comfortable and they did. I wish I had thought to mist my pillow with something. I have a nice little rose scented spray I use sometimes.

I do use clove scented shampoo, rosemary mint conditioner and recently found some wonderful locally made soaps with olive oil and goat milk. The scents are wonderful and they are so softening. I chose lavender mint and spearmint. The whole upstairs of my house is delicately scented now.

I've always loved scents and used to use incense but now the smoke makes me crazy. I often will spritz a light bulb with perfume and it will quickly scent a room.

Great idea!
Unread 05-08-2003, 02:57 PM

Ladies!!!! Please let me know if it works!!!! I am glad to be off of Ambien!!!! (Gosh, I sure hope this continues to work )
Unread 05-09-2003, 10:18 PM

Jackie Denise, went to Bath and Body shop today and got some Lavender Vanilla products. I got the tea candles, the linen mist, and some salve (looks like Vick's!). Came home and lit the candle, sprayed the pillowcases and put a bit of the salve on my chest. Now granted, it was a wonderfully blue rainy day in Colorado, pretty cool, perfect for a nap, which I promptly indulged in. Usually a nap for me is a cat nap, brief moments of sleep interrupted by longer moments of semi to complete awakeness. But today, I conked. With my springer in my arms and my english setter snug against my back I slept for about 2 1/2 hours!! I didn't wake up until the phone rang. I didn't even hear the boys next door practicing LaCrosse against the wood fence while listening to rap music on their boom box.

If this happens tonight...and I intend to find out, then I am sold. The girl at the store gave me a pile of $10 off coupons on a purchase of $25.00. I may stand on a street corner and hand them out if in fact this works.

Thank you for the suggestion and the enlightenment.

Nighty night!!!!
Unread 05-18-2003, 06:43 PM

Hello Becky:

I have been waiting for your response to the Bath & Body products. I am still swearing by them. (Still sleeping like a baby and feeling so refreshed in the am). Please let me know if it works for you too!!!

Jackie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register