Appt w/Uro Today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Appt w/Uro Today Appt w/Uro Today

Unread 05-08-2003, 06:33 AM
Appt w/Uro Today

Well it is finally here.... My appt with the urologist to see what is up with my bladder and possibly the sling.... What could be causing this retention issue I am having and my constant UTI.... I am really kinda bummed about this, because this is a new uro, and I am basically starting over.... I am so fed up with tests, going here going there. I am just two weeks post from a laparoscopy for pelvic adhesions. I just want it over, but since this is a new doc, I am sure I am in for a slew of tests.... Why cant it be simple???? FRUSTRATED.... JUST FIX IT!!!! Well thanks for letting me vent... I will keep you posted, although since this is my first visit with this guy... I'm sure I will have NO info....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2003, 06:54 AM
Appt w/Uro Today

Good morning Susie!!

I am so sorry you are going through the SAME THING I am. I am 1 week yesterday from my lap with adhesion removal and hernia repair and basically I am starting over again with the Pain clinic I am going to next week. I also went to 2 different Uro's and glad to say, the second one was worth the second trip. I posted a few posts back about finally getting all of my appts lined up. General surgeon, Urologist and pain management.

Did you have any tests done with your previous Uro? I had a Urodynamic test and retention test done with my first one and the new one had them fax over the results of those tests so I did not have to go through them again. ASK them to contact your other Uro if you had tests done before, that is your right as a patient!! I would call both and see if you need to go and sign a release form to have then exchange info so you will be 100% prepared and guns loaded before you go!!

I will pray that it all finally comes together, I know what it is like waiting and changing Dr's, heck, I have been doing it since January, but they will hopefully figure it all out for you and put you on the road to recovery..

Please post when you get back and let us know how it goes!! Keeping my fingers crossed!!
Unread 05-08-2003, 08:17 AM
Appt w/Uro Today

Susie,
I do know what you mean. It is so hard to start over, but you never know when you will open the door and *the* doctor will be on the other side! If I had given up, I wouldn't have found my wonderful GS and my kind and caring Osteo doc. Those two doctors have done more for me, than the 20 I had seen previously all rolled together.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2003, 02:53 PM
More waiting.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. WELL, I saw the urologist today, not the one my gp wanted me to see, but his partner... WHAT A WASTE. The good news... Infection seems clear at the moment. And he believes yes there is a problem, but I would need to see his partner because he is more familiar with the slings.... :burning: I am soooooo upset because I faxed, I called, they had all my info before this visit to review, and if he was not the guy, why didnt they call me and reschedule with his partner!!!! SO, he is going to make the appropriate notes, and he got me in with his partner Monday... MORE WAITING! He said that his partner will do a bladder scan, and a urine flow analysis so we can determine what the cause of the retention is. But he confirmed all my symptoms are related to the retention! And he said "Dont worry, we will fix you". He mumbled something along the possiblility of widening the urethra, but stopped himself short, because he said, my partner is the sling expert, he will better know what needs to be done after those tests and and internal.... WHOOPIE.. I heard he wears a bow tie... So I go to see him Monday at noon. I guess I waited this long, I can wait a few MORE days for information. Now I can work on clearing up my yeast infection....
Unread 05-08-2003, 03:38 PM
Appt w/Uro Today

So sorry you have to wait Susie. The best laid plans of mice and men...err...women...and urologists! Hopefully it will be well worth the wait. At least the doc was honest and said his partner was the better fit for you.

I do how you feel though, I've been there for sure. Called, stated exactly who and what I wanted, only to get there and the doc wasn't there or was told they couldn't help me.

I was told by a uro-gyn that I saw that my urether was very very small and may need to be stretched. Than on the next visit he seemed to have forgotten all about that comment. I'm still not sure what's going on there. A uro is on one of my lists of docs to see.

Here's some more s to get you thru until Monday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register