Weight Watcher/Weight Gain post surgery?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weight Watcher/Weight Gain post surgery?? Weight Watcher/Weight Gain post surgery??

Unread 05-11-2003, 05:11 PM
Weight Watcher/Weight Gain post surgery??

Hi All. I have been on Weight Watchers for about a month now and I have done really well. My problem is that I don't want to blow it after my surgery. What can I expect? Will swelling effect my weight? Can I expect to gain some weight? If so how much? I will watch what and how much I am eating and I will get back into exercise AS SOON AS I CAN. What do you guys thinK? Any advice would be greatly welcome!!! Thank you in advance!

LIW
Jan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2003, 06:41 PM

I too was on weight watchers before my surgery. My surgery was Jan. 22 and I was worried that I would gain a lot of weight after my surgery. I have done really well. Right after surgery, (TAH\BSO) it took me awhile to even get my appetite back, but when I did I tried to watch what I ate. The swelling was really bad and I thought it would never go away. It has a lot, it is not completely gone and it gets worse if I really over do it. I am feeling a lot better now and am trying to walk more and eat right. I have lost a total of 43 pounds - 15 has been after my surgery. I think if you start watching what you eat as soon as you can after surgery, the weight will not come back on and you can continue to lose. Good Luck and I will be praying for your recovery.
Anita
Unread 05-11-2003, 07:39 PM
I lost weight...

after my SAH on 4/30. I have barely regained my appetite yet and I am just using this time to relearn some healthier eating habits.

If there is any weight gain that you experience then it could be fluids. My swelling is minimal and only if I over-do it with activity.

I think you'll be surprised how well it goes for you.

Congratulations on taking control of your health with WW! I'm needing to lose some weight and looking forward to walking now without pain and having some newfound energy.

Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2003, 07:42 PM

I started weight watchers before surgery and couldn't stick to it because of the wacko feelings I was going through. Immediately after surgery I gained a couple because of lack of moving around!I've started again. I've lost 10 pounds over a couple of months. I kinda go down 3 up 1 I've been working out again and that has helped tremendously. Not a lot of pounds but shaping up again.

I think if you are careful about what you eat after surgery you will be able to hold your own. Around 8 weeks you may be able to start exercising. I was VERY slow to do abdominal work though. Even now at 11 months I feel twinges. One thing is very important -- keep walking every day. The little you start with will keep you going every day and longer!

TC

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register