It's been awhile... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It's been awhile... It's been awhile...

Unread 05-11-2003, 05:52 PM
It's been awhile...

Hi everyone.

First, best wishes to those with appointments and surgery coming up. Hope all is going well for those going through chemo treatment.

It's been awhile since I have been on. My daughter had some very big surgery and had complications. She had a second surgery because of a bone infection and is now on eight weeks of IV antibiotics (every 8 hours).

Anyway, while I have been with Rachel, I have passed my one year Hysterversary and am feeling great. I have routine chest CT scan and pelvic-abdominal CT scan this Tuesday. It is my first one, and hope I can choke down the contrast drink. ugh... Trying not to let the cancerhead get to me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2003, 05:57 PM
It's been awhile...

s Gail

You have been missed but never forgotten.
Here's hoping all your testing this week turns out perfectly.
I am so sorry to hear about Rachel. Get this bone infection cleared up in time for her to enjoy the summer. She's lucky having you for a mom!!!!

karenann
Unread 05-11-2003, 07:43 PM
It's been awhile...

Hi Gail....

Welcome back!! Ain't it grand.... I just had my one year anniversary also.. (April 18th).

I am sorry to hear that your daughter is not well but am sure that you will perk her up!!

keep in touch

Rosalie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2003, 08:19 PM
It's been awhile...

Good luck to you Tuesday, Gail, and I hope your daughter does well and gets by this soon, also.
Unread 05-12-2003, 10:28 AM
Good to Hear from You

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's complications and hope that antibiotic will clear out the bone infection. Good luck with your CT scan and contrast--I can get it down just fine--if only it wouldn't pass through me as quickly and urgently as it does.
Unread 05-12-2003, 12:25 PM
It's been awhile...

Hi, Gail!
I have been wondering about you and your daughter and how she was doing! I hope the antibiotics will work and get her well soon! So, she is still in the hospital? My prayers will continue for your family.
Congrats on your one year hysterversary!! Good luck on your upcoming tests!

Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy on June 4,2002 for cervical cancer,stage1b
Unread 05-12-2003, 12:34 PM
It's been awhile...

I'm so sorry to hear that your daughter has been ill. But as a daughter who is also ill, I know that having my mom around to help me has been such a blessing. She is an inspiration to me, even though she easily stressed out. I know that your support of your daughter means the world to her during this difficult time.

I have only had to do the barium thing once, but I couldn't choke down the third bottle without totally gagging, so I gave up. I am already dreading the fact that I'll need to drink barium after my fourth chemo. Ack! I wish you much luck with the scan! :-)
Unread 05-12-2003, 01:27 PM
It's been awhile...

Gail
Happy Anniversary. Hope your daughter heals real soon.

Ruth S

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register