Help on subject-CIN III | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help on subject-CIN III Help on subject-CIN III

Unread 05-12-2003, 06:33 AM
Help on subject-CIN III

Hi, love the site but not sure if this is right spot for my queerie.

Had colp,biop and Loop treatment for CIN III, got results and need to go back for another bash!! Still got abnormal squamous and glandular cells.

Is a 2nd trip common?

Does it do the job or have I got a bit of a mountain to climb?
Have major probs with periods etc as well-doin this in bed,off work.

Please give me all the goss, a week 2 go and I like to know everything.

Would love 2 hear from anyone in similar situation,esp from

Cheers me dears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2003, 07:14 AM
Help on subject-CIN III

's

While a LEEP (loop) or a cone biopsy takes care of the problem for 90% of the women in this situation, the other 10% do go on to require other treatments. I was one of the 10%. If they go in and don't take a wide enough sample of cells, then you end up with margins that are not clear (meaning that they were able to see abnormal cells throughout the sample that was gathered and that there was not an area of healthy cells surrounding the abnormal cells--in other words they don't know if they got it all). It's very frustrating when you're in that position.

You might like to request a second opinion with a gynecologic oncologist. They are the experts when it comes to female cancers and precancers, and they know all the current treatments and surgical techniques that are available.

Good luck!
Unread 05-12-2003, 08:32 PM
Help on subject-CIN III

I went through the same things, the colp/bio, and then a LEEP. Each test showed more severe dysplasia. I was given the option of doing a cone, or the hyst. In my case, I do have two children, so the concern for me was more of needing to get rid of the cells for GOOD, not expanding family or anything else. I was told by my doc that they may never get it all w/o the hyst. I know that I don't want that potential for cancer there. I also know that I don't want the potential of having more and more procedures done and still not knowing... Best of luck to you. Of course, this is just one gal's thoughts...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2003, 07:23 AM
Help on subject-CIN III

I went through the same routine that you have -- bad pap, colp with biopsy, then LEEP that did not clearly get all the bad stuff. The choice I was given was either to try another LEEP and see what happens or to have a hyst. My gyn strongly recommended the hyst due to the fact that I had experienced bleeding with intercourse, and I had a fibroid "the size of a baby's head" After the months of tests, uncertainty, and anxiety I had experienced I really didn't want to go through another LEEP, more waiting and still possibly coming up with the same result.

I am 51 and was just starting menopause so I went ahead with the hyst. I just wanted it all over with, and I took the opportunity to have my ovaries out. (There is breast cancer and ovarian cancer in my family history)

I guess the decision depends on your individual situation, your age, whether you still want children, and other gyn problems that you might have. I hope you have a doctor you can talk to who will help you understand what is happening and make your decisons.

Take care and best of luck to you.
Unread 05-13-2003, 01:33 PM
Help on subject-CIN III

Thanx soooooooooo much for taking the time and replying-much appreciated.

I was going over everything in my head but its better to hear real stuff than IF'S and BUT'S.

Just turned 40 and feel like instead of life starting @ 40 - bodies givin up on me!

Please keep given me more info- 2nd Loop/LEEP next Tuesday
I want to go well prepared with all my questions:confuse:and hopefully get all the answers I need.

Cheers me dearsPlease keep giving me more info-
Unread 05-24-2003, 01:57 PM
Help on subject-CIN III

Was due to have another LEEP and BIOPSY on Tuesday. But when I got there I had an infectionso came away with anti-biotics and another appointment for three days later.

Got all psyched up again andwent yesterday.

Got a real shock- asked to see what the BIOPSY looked like.
The one bit (there were three) I saw was much,much bigger than I ever expected.
Thought it would be just sliver of tissue-NO WAY. No wonder when the local An. wore off I was uncomfortable.

But still glad I asked- if u dont ask you will never know.

Now got 10+ days waiting for the dreaded letter, but sure there can't be anything nasty left.........surely.

Here's hoping.
Unread 05-24-2003, 08:26 PM
Help on subject-CIN III

So glad you go through it! I hate it when an infection of some time type reschedules a procedure (all psyched up and no where to go ). Anyway, I hope all comes back well and that you have no more abnormal cells in there! Let us know when that letter comes!

Unread 06-19-2003, 12:51 PM
Help on subject-CIN III

Got sick of waiting for results.......(would be four weeks tomorrow!) so have been badgering the hospital.

Letter is coming tomorrow(read to me over the phone) and contents arent what I wanted to hear.

STILL NOT CLEAR

So after 2 leeps and 2 biopsys what happens now????????????

Please let me know what happened to other sisters

Thanx
Unread 06-20-2003, 08:05 AM
Help on subject-CIN III

Sorry to hear that you are still not clear after 2 LEEPS. I did not go for a 2nd LEEP because, although in my 1st LEEP my gyn took a large sample going up into the cervical canal, it did not have clear margins. I had fibroids for which my gyn had been urging me to have a hyst., but the CINIII convinced me it was time for the hyst. I was nervous and worried about all kinds of complications going into the surgery, but I have just had my 6 week checkup and everything went very well. I have no regrets. According to the pathology report, there were still plenty of bad cells in my cervix. My gyn said that it could have progressed to cancer in as little as 1 year. I am very relieved that it is over and everything went well.

I know the waiting, the worrying and the uncertainty are very hard. I hope that your doctor will be able to ease your mind and give you some good options for treatment. Don't forget, it IS treatable. You will get through this.
Unread 06-20-2003, 09:08 PM
Help on subject-CIN III

I'm sorry you are still having abnormal results. Are you seeing a gynecologic oncologist? If you're not, that might be the next place to go. They are the experts when it comes to female cancers and precancers, so you would likely get some good information there.

Good luck! Let us know what you end up doing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register