Help on subject-CIN III - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help on subject-CIN III Help on subject-CIN III

Unread 07-24-2003, 03:34 PM
Help on subject-CIN III

Its over a month since my last post and STILL I am waiting to find out what happens next!!!!!!!!!

Had to wait for a Doctor/Lab meeting about my last results, sometime last week, and am sick of waiting for the outcome.

Phoned Hospital today to ask for outcome but couldn't enlighten me YET!

Whose body is this????????????

How come everything was done so quick early on and now it seems to have slowed down to a stop. If anything I would have thought as the results keep coming back bad should'nt things get moving.

This thing is affecting my whole family not just me and I hate the fact they are all worrying too.

Will be on the phone again tomorrow if they don't contact me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2003, 04:21 PM
Help on subject-CIN III

Hi, Stilfunky. I haven't had your experience but those are all really excellent questions. Stay "in their faces" until you get the answers you need. If you're not satisfied, go to another doctor. While it might not be easy from a logistical point of view, it's always a good message to send: You (big shot hospital/doctors) are NOT the only game in town and this, as you say, is MY BODY!

Good luck and God bless.
Unread 07-24-2003, 04:30 PM
Help on subject-CIN III

Hi Stilfunky
Have just been reading your posts and thought I''d write to say I really think you should get onto the hospital or your GP to ask for an explanation for the delay in treating you - four weeks is a horribly long time to worry and I really feel for you.

I've read so many of the posts re CIN III in the past six weeks during my recovery from hyst (lurking on this site is a good way to pass the time when you're meant to be taking it easy). I think it's worth remembering that obviously a lot of people that have posted on this site that have had hysts for CIN III after leeps and cone biopsies are those for whom the leeps weren't enough and whose margins weren't clear but there must be many many women in the world who didn't have to resort to hysterectomies..

I discovered out of the blue two months or so ago that I had CIN III and decided to have the hyst as we have four children so our family is complete and I had stress incontinence problems and a uterine prolapse that although wasn't too bad would probably have become much more of a problem later. I'm from the UK but living in Venezuela and over here I was offered a cone biopsy - as it needed the general anaesthetic I so dreaded we decided to go for the hysterectomy and certainly I have no regrets at all. I really felt I wanted the CIN III cells out for certain. But two English friends over here who also had CIN III had it successfully treated in the UK with laser treatment. Some of the info I've read says that it has a 90% success rate but presumably on the first go and some people say that it leaves the cells behind unreadable for the future which I imagine is risky.

Well I'm sure you've read up on this site about all the options and I've certainly read of women who have had two leeps before finally having a hysterectomy. I know from experience that things in the UK can move incredibly slowly and I'm just posting really to give you some moral support and say pick up the phone and get them to give you an appointment!!! Let us know how you get on. Best wishes Debby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2003, 03:06 PM
Help on subject-CIN III

Thanx so much for your support.

I understand in the USAyou have to pay for all treatment (or insurance pays), could that be why you all get sorted so quick and we 'hover' as ours is 'Free' on the National Healthand so much s l o w e r !

If I need a Hyst -I am up for it, my family is complete and periods horrendous and most importantly I so want rid of these cells.

We are off on our summer hols this week but unfortunately despite the glorious sunshine we're expecting ....there will still be one black cloud hanging over us.
Unread 07-26-2003, 03:45 PM
Help on subject-CIN III

Hope you have a good holiday. Even in the UK with our NHS I"m sure that if the doctors felt an urgency they would have let you know by now - I've always felt from experience that the NHS is pretty useless much of the time but when there is something seriously wrong very few countries or health systems can beat it so maybe you should take some solace in that. When will they let you know - have you told them you're going away? Don't let a black cloud ruin your holiday, easier said than done, because although no-one would choose a hysterectomy it isn't anything like as awful as you imagine - the waiting is the worst part...- so if you have to have one you only have to read on this site to find out that it is copable with. Hope you have a good holiday and let us know how you are when you get back. Debby

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register