Post-hyst ultrasound | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-hyst ultrasound Post-hyst ultrasound

Unread 05-12-2003, 11:27 AM
Post-hyst ultrasound

One week ago I experienced a night of pain - the type of pain that I used to have when I ovulated, or right before my period. After a day or so it did not subside so I went to the doctor wondering if I was developing a bladder or kidney infection... the doctor (the on-call doctor, not my regular to doctor) decided to do a urinalysis and a pelvic exam. She said "oh, when they did your hysterectomy (13 months ago), they took your ovaries and left the uterus?" I told her NO - they took everything but my left ovary and cervix. She sent me off for a pelvic ultrasound and I am still waiting the results - but the tech found something she was measuring and looking at.

Of course, I have developed worse case and best case scenarios. But I am still in pain and lost quite a bit of sleep last night.

It is kinda like having a side ache, back ache and slight pelvic pain all at the same time.

Any clues?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2003, 12:30 PM
Post-hyst ultrasound

sorry i dont have any answeres for you. but i do have a comment. does that dr. know what shes talking about. as far as i know if you took only the ovaries and left the uterus this would not be a hysterectomy.

did you ask her why she thinks you didnt have your uterus out?
did you ask the radiologist for any info on what he saw on the ultrsound? my radiolgist told me right away that i had ovarian cysts when i had the ultrasound.

praying that this is just a pain from having 1 ovary left. i have heard of that problem. please let us know the results when you get them.
Unread 05-12-2003, 12:31 PM
Post-hyst ultrasound

I'm totally guessing here, but perhaps the ultrasound person located a cyst of some sort. It's best to see what your doctor says. I wish I could be more helpful. Waiting for results is the worst! I hope that it's nothing! :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2003, 02:14 PM
Post-hyst ultrasound

Well, I'm guessing here: first of all, if they left your ovary, the measurements may have been the ovarian measurements the would have been taking. Also, since the cervix was there still, they may have been measuring the cervix and its "stump".

Since you had a supracervical hyst (leaving the cervix), you still can feel the "stub" on the internal exam. You may in fact be dealing with a cyst on the remaining ovary, and hopefully the ultrasound results will answer the questions about your pain.

Good luck, and I hope you're able to resolve these questions today! If the ultrasound was last week, calling the doctor's office should be able to get you the results. They may not have yet been typed and mailed...but I'll bet it's been read, and results available over the telephone to your doctor.

Feel better!

Audrey
Unread 05-12-2003, 03:18 PM
Post-hyst ultrasound

Thanks for the help. I have a call into my doctor. The on-call doctor I saw did not really know my history...but she was playing it safe by ordering the ultrasound, based on what she was feeling. I asked the ultrasound tech - but (as I have experienced years ago) they won't cough up any info - which doesn't seem quite fair since it is MY BODY! If they just told facts and did not give prognosis, I 'd be happy.

But anyway...my real doctor is very good and efficient, so I will expect her to call today.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register