ureter stent questions anyone had one??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ureter stent questions anyone had one??? ureter stent questions anyone had one???

Unread 05-15-2003, 02:52 AM
ureter stent questions anyone had one???

Hi everyone ,

I had a tso bso 18th March and had terrible swelly belly pain afterwards.. ended up back at the castle with a bad uti 3 weeks ago...

Had a iup last friday my gyne rang me monday and had me in tuesday for a urinary stent as i had a partial blockage.came home yesterday.

Has anyone else had this .....

If so

How long afterwards should you pee blood

and how long does it take for the pain in the bladder to go.

It now hurts all the wayup to my right kidney all the time...not agonising just badly aching I am soooo fed up..

Any help would be great.

Sluggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2003, 05:53 AM

Hi,

I am facing my 3rd vesico vaginal fistula repair next week. I had a stent in my right ureter for the 1st & stents in both for the second. They were very painful for me but only had to leave them in for a couple of weeks each time. My bag was full of blood for at least a week but I had surgery to close the fistula & I still have blood in my cathater once in a while even now. I feel for you & certainly hope you don't have to suffer much longer!

Terry
Unread 05-15-2003, 05:56 AM

PS Sluggy,

You wanted to know when the pain in the bladder would go away? Sorry but for me it didn't. I hope you have medication for the pain & hopefully something for the bladder. I take Imparine & Ditropan 2xday along with a variety of other meds. Hope that someone else comes along with better luck then I!

Terry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2003, 09:16 AM
ureter stent

thanks terry for the response... fingers crossed that the pain goes soon ... I am taking Voltarin supposotiries for the pain now that is fun!!!!!
Unread 05-15-2003, 09:31 AM
ureter problem

I am pre-op and these posts really scare me - i have many urinary problems caused by a teeny bladder and tiny ureter - did any of you have these problems before your surgery? What causes problems with the ureter that would require a stunt? Is it that the doctor slipped or something? thanks, worried
Unread 05-15-2003, 10:11 AM

There are many things that could cause problems with your ureters & would need a stent either temporarily or permanently. I developed a hole in my bladder through the vagina. I had severe endo that had adhered to my bladder. Gyn had to scrape bladder. When I had the fistula repair surgery they had to detach the ureters in order to get to the fistula. Stents were put in to make sure ureters didn't collapse or get blocked & put pressure on my repair while it was healing. My sis has polyps on her ureters & just takes medication at the moment. This is the extent of my knowledge of ureters.

Terry
Unread 05-15-2003, 03:30 PM
stent

oh well had the stent two days and now have a uti that has gone up the stent to my kidney ... oral anti-biotics tonight then if I cant keep them down back to the castle tomorrow for intravenous ones....

spoke too soon terry when I said hoped the pain went !!!!! ouch ouch i could :cry:

sluggy
Unread 05-15-2003, 03:33 PM
ps pfeff

sorry pfeff my bladder problems were caused by a congenital narrowing of the ureters apparently ( they didnt know about them before I had my tah)
Unread 05-15-2003, 03:42 PM
uretha narrowing

Sluggy - When you say you had congenital narrowing of uretha - does that mean you had a tiny uretha like me ? (I don't know the definition of what you wrote) thanks pfeff
Unread 05-15-2003, 04:24 PM

sluggy,
I hope the anti's do the trick for you, so sorry you are having to deal with this.

-Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register