ureter stent questions anyone had one??? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ureter stent questions anyone had one??? ureter stent questions anyone had one???

Unread 05-15-2003, 04:42 PM
ureter stent questions anyone had one???

Ouch Sluggy!

I have avoided a UTI so far but am having more surgery next week. They will be putting stents back in. When I have the stents they always give me antibiotics. I have had a couple of yeast infections bad enough! I feel for you. Antibiotics do have some bad side effects but not as bad as risking the UTI. Hope you don't need the IV.

Good Luck,
Terry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2003, 05:41 PM
i dont have a stent but could relate to the pain

hi, i dont have a stent but could relate to the bladder pain..oh can i relate! i just had a bladder biopsy done last tuesday and eneded up in the er afterwards. my body went into shock. they over dosed me on the anethesia so i was told. anyway the spasms and pain were beyond any word in the history books. i am peeing some blood and still have the spasms and pain and it goes up to my right kiney. i was put on detrol la and elmiron and neiither one helped me it made the pain worse. i am now on pryidium plus it takes some of the pain away just a bit but isnt helping much either. the side effcts from this med is horrible.. i was diagnosed with interstital cystitis(chronic bladder inflammation)i would like to know too if the pain ever goes away because this is unbearable.at 41 yrs old here i am getting anxiety attacks when i know i have to go pee.i am terrified of the pain..thats how bad it is. my uro told me to give the pryidium a few days but i dont know if i can last anohter minute.by the way what is a stent and why did you have it done???? always..angel
Unread 05-16-2003, 05:35 AM
stent and utis

hi everyone

thanks for the replies

pfeff re your question yes apparently I have small urether as well,..... a blood clot lodged against the ureter and blocked it.

A stent is a tube they put in under a general through your bladder and up your urinary tract... It goes from the kidney (in my case the right one ) to the bladder. Unfortunately my bladder spasmed after the surgery as well and that has got to be the worst pain ever...(and I have had four Kids)- They gave me Morphine for the pain and I still screamed.

Apparently I have now picked up an infection that has gone to my kidney ,,, so its anti-biotics, rest and lots of water.....

Back to urology next weds.....Oh well can only get better

good luck redapple with the surgery let me know how you get on...looks like we are in the same boat.

Sluggy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register