Nightmare has started again more surgery and endo so soon. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nightmare has started again more surgery and endo so soon. Nightmare has started again more surgery and endo so soon.

Unread 05-16-2003, 04:50 PM
Nightmare has started again more surgery and endo so soon.

Well I was rushed into the emerg today. Remenber when I asked the questions about the hernia turns out it wasn't. The pain I was suffering was from the ovary that has the cysts. Seems the cysts build bleed and bust. Also the endo has returned and the sharp stabing burning contious pain is the endo. It got so bad that there was days that I couldn't stand and I was holding and supporting my tummy. What a nightmare. I still can't wear anything snug on my tummy only really lose pants and nothing with an elastic. can't lean on it either. They gave me a shot in the emerg and it was useless. Because of the complications of my tummy and the GERD thanks to the Srugery and the Bowel problems that have not returned to normal thanks to the hyst. I am very limited in what I can have in pain meds. I can have tyenol extra strenght to the limit every day and when I build a toerance or if that dosn't work then I have to start travelling to the emerg for the narcotic needles. They are going to try and get my ultra sound time bumped up from June 18 and they feel that waiting until July 28 for the gyn is way too long and they are getting that changed. They told me staight out that they ovary will have to go. I can't believe this is happening all over again so soon. I am only 5 months out of my hyst and to have this happen and to have the endo back so soon. I just wish they had taken everything then. Even the emerg doc say they sould have and it is rare to have the endo back so fast. I just took on a management position at work we took on a new company and now this I have no sick time left. I have no one to take my place at work. I was hoping if I had to take time off it would be able to happen in Dec but the Doctor dosn't think I will be able to wait that long he will be surprized if I can hold out the summer. I want to yell kick and scream and lash out but all I can do is cry. I am so scared most of you know the hard time I had with the lap and then the really had time after the hyst in Jan. Surgery and me just don't work and now a third in less than a year. Oh my God how much more. The doc said this is why I am so run down and yes you are supose to be run down after a hyst but I have been a bit more than usual. Oh ladies I need you agian.

Denise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2003, 05:04 PM

Geesssh Denise,

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. All I can say is I understand your fear and you have every right to cry. We are here to listen and understand.

Renee
Unread 05-16-2003, 06:30 PM

I am sorry this is happening to you again. I too just underwent my fourth surgery in a year and I hate it. But I do feel better for the moment. The problem is my optimism is gone. I am pretty skeptical that this will fix me.
Ovarian cysts is why I chose to have my ovaries removed in the first place. I had that experience with one of them rupturing and I did not want to go through that any more. Unfortunately that did not end my journey on this road.
As far as pain management goes. Could you try a patch? I don't really know if they cause constipation, but I doubt if it causes as much as the pills do. There are options, so please don't feel like tylenol is all you can have. There is even nasal spray that you could take which is very strong. I can't stand to see people thinking they have no choice but to suffer through the pain.
How did they diagnose that the endo has returned? I don't know much about endo, so I am curious how they are certain it is endo and not adhesions or something else.
I have Gerd also and take prevacid for it, it has never interfered with me taking pain meds. I don't know about your bowels, do you take daily stool softeners or metamucil, this can help combate the constipation that accompanies them. If you can get your pain under control and do something like lupron maybe you could last until after Dec. I managed my pain for almost 6 months before it got too bad and I ended up in the hospital and in surgery again.
Please don't feel like you have to give up just yet. Work with your doctor and just maybe you can hold off as long as you need to. Although I agree that you need to be seen by the gyn sooner than previously scheduled.

Again I am sorry you are down this road again with us. But we are here for you and will help you anyway we can.

's
Pamela
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2003, 07:24 PM

Bless your heart. I feel so bad for you. I am sorry that you have to go through all this. I don't know what to say as I don't know a whole lot about what you said but may the days ahead bring you swift and complete healing.
Unread 05-16-2003, 08:55 PM

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Denise}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Oh Honey!

I canNOT believe what you have been through! This was supposed to be a simple surgery with a positive outcome. I can only imagine your utter frustration at this point. I think I would be crying too.

Why did they not remove both ovaries in the first place if there was Endo present? I don't quite understand that. Was it about your age and HRT? I'm *sure* you'd rather be searching for the proper HRT to take than going through all of this.

You're in a difficult position right now, having just had a promotion to a managerial position and no sick time left. You're going to have to take a leave of absense, hon. Take the time now to train someone on the basics to take over for you while you recover. Why not delegate some of your responsibilities around a bit as a temporary measure?

Denise, hon, you can't help this. It's not your fault. They can't tell you NOT to take time off because you NEED another surgery... the sooner the better. Obviously, if you had a choice, you'd choose to be healthy and back in the swing of things! You can't help this. No matter how much you try to negotiate or reason this out. It's happened, it needs to be done, you must move forward and get your health back.

Please know that I am with you hon. You're in my heart, my thoughts and my Prayers that everything FINALLY gets sorted out. I am ALWAYS here for you, hon.

Love,
Deb
Unread 05-16-2003, 10:10 PM

Oh Denise,

I am so sorry this is happening to you! Please know my heart is with you! I know how you feel!

God Bless,
Terry
Unread 05-17-2003, 05:04 AM

((((((((((((((Denice))))))))))))

Yes you have every right and it's perfectly normal to feel the frustration and anger and "why me" feelings!!!!

I remember how I felt each time I had to have surgery AGAIN after I thought the last one fixed me for sure. It's hard when our bodies don't do what they are supposed to and we want so much to lay blame on everyone who has had something to do with our surgeries....including ourselves. BUT....you can't beat your self over the head honey. For some unknown reason our bodies just need to do what they are going to do and sometimes there is just no explanation for it at all.

((((((Debbie)))))) has given some excellent advice about your job...Granted you may not have the sick time but you will be better able to perform your job if your not in continuing pain.

If you ever need an extra ear...I'm here to. Feel free to e-mail , PM or post. There are a lot of us here who can relate and we'll hold your hand all the way sweetie.

tons of 's....you'll get thru this and come out stronger because of it.

Dawn
Unread 05-17-2003, 05:27 AM

((((Denise))))

Oh you poor thing- just sending a big and hope you feel better soon.. having more surgery is the worst especially when this(hyst) was suppossed to help you in the first place. I know the frustration and it is OK to cry- gosh I know how that feels. Hope you find new strength and keep us informed as to how you are doing!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register