pulled my back, adhesions/fibro making it worse? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pulled my back, adhesions/fibro making it worse? pulled my back, adhesions/fibro making it worse?

Unread 05-19-2003, 06:07 PM
pulled my back, adhesions/fibro making it worse?

Oh (((Dawn))), I am so sorry the news about your father isn't good. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. Hang in there sweetie and know that each and every one of your sisters are here for you. Do post, e-mail or pm if you need a shoulder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2003, 06:09 AM

Oh (((Dawn))),
I'm soo sorry Pls know my thots & prayers will be w/ your Dad & family...
Unread 05-20-2003, 08:38 AM

(((Dawn)))

I just got to your post today, I am sending as many s and your way. In times like these prayer is the only thing that gets me through. You are in my prayers dear.

s,
lenee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2003, 09:20 AM

((((((((((Dawn))))))))))

I'm sorry I am late in offering you my Love & Support. I will keep all of you in my heart & prayers.

I wish I had words to comfort your weary body, and breaking heart. I have been through what you are dealing with...and if you need a shoulder, please know I am here for you...we all are. Imagine all of us making a circle of strength around you...giving you a hug when you need it, as well as the insight to handle all of the IF's your dear Dad is facing.

We love you ((((Dawn))))
Unread 05-20-2003, 06:28 PM

to all of you!!!

Dad is home with me now....he was released at 5pm this evening. Last night was one of the hardest nights of my life I think....I had to tell him what the doc said about his heart. He seemed unbelievable at first and then doubtful, like maybe I had misunderstood the doc.

I think he had to have his time to absorb what I had told him....After the cardio confirmed what I said ( not as gently I might add) He seemed to realise what it all meant. It's sad to watch him go through this realization. We'll deal with it one day at time for now. Now...if I can just get thru all the calls to the realitives.....

I'm still in major pain in my lower back and it's starting to really concern me....It's starting to feel more and more like a kidney infection? I have a lot of cramping in my pelvic area????? I can't sit for any length of time or when I stand up I almost feel like the top half of my body is just pushing everything into my mid back and pelvis....it's really strange. I'm taking toradol 2 x aday...ultram 4x aday....skelaxin 3x aday and today had to take a percocet on top of that cause none of it touched the pain. I took the percocet at 5 pm and got relief for about an hour...now it's roaring back.

I'm off to get intimate with my heating pad....it's the only thing that seems to help....

Thanks for being here girls.....I don't think I could handle all of this without you.....

Dawn
Unread 05-22-2003, 05:32 PM

oh dawn...i'm so sorry i missed this. you have my deepest sympathy...i was the one that had to tell my mom and my grandmother, so i know how awful that is. i know this is contributing to your pain. hang in there hon and know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. love, cynthia
Unread 05-22-2003, 05:46 PM

{{{Dawn}}}
I'm sorry sweetie. I'm sure the stress is not helping your pain levels any. I know when I'm under stress there isn't much that will touch my pain, I have to double up on the meds. There's been times that I've been tempted to slap another patch on and wear two.

If you feel that something about the pain is different please don't hesitate to give your a call. It is always best to check in with the doctor. As I've told my dh many times, when dealing with pain day in and day out how do I know when it's something that really needs some attention, hence it's best to let the doc decide.

Sending lots of s for you and give one to your dad also.
Unread 05-23-2003, 04:41 AM

Thanks a bunch girls!!!

I did end up in the ER room on Tues morning...I'm still in agony, but hanging in there I guess.

On Mon Eve I brought my dad to my house....they released him with the knowledge there was nothing more they could do and the lectures to my dad that he now has to live the life of the "retired country gentleman". No bikeing, no stairs...no exertion of any kind. He seems better on the outside but we know better....

I'm assuming that all the stress caught up with me as on Monday night the pain in my back had me in tears ALL night....I knew it was bad when I had to literally crawl from the bathroom to my bedroom in tears and kneel at the side of my bed and cry cause I couldn't get in it. I had my DD take me to the ER at 8 am on tues.

They didn't take any CT's or xrays' but did a urine sample gave me two shots of steroids and two shots' of pain meds patted me on the fanny and sent me home...told me I had a severe lumbar sprain and stay in bed for a few days. I felt a little better yesterday and tried to get caught up on housework after the past week and last night and this morning I'm back to feeling it all over again... Sheesh....the pain meds are makeing me constipated which isn't helping at all I'm sure...

Like you ((((((Kim)))))) I've been doubleing up on pain meds as it's the only way I seem to get some relief..when I mentioned my fibro to the doc in the ER ..he just kinda rolled his eyes so I knew he thought I was a fruit or something. I''m sure you all know the attitude by now.

Hopefully with rest, and know Dad is not in the castle and home with me...things will tone down and get better. I'll be laying around a lot today that's for sure!!!!

Love and

Dawn
Unread 05-23-2003, 12:47 PM

(((Dawn))),
I'm sorry things only worsened for you ER Docs I have to take Fibercon daily to help me w/ this problem, it is a common side-effect of Pain meds. I'll take the trade-off anyday

I'm glad you'll be resting, hopefully you will start feeling better soon...
BTW~Have you talked w/ your Pain Dr concerning this? or since it has worsened? If not, I would contact them & let them know about your pain increase. Maybe they can give you something stronger to help get thru this?!? Good Luck...pls let us know how you & Dad are doing as your able...(((hugs)))
Unread 05-23-2003, 03:19 PM

(((dawn))))
i am sending big ,s to you and your dad, i will keep you both in my thoughts hon
love
denise
xxx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register