God never gives us more than we can handle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

God never gives us more than we can handle God never gives us more than we can handle

Unread 05-17-2003, 08:34 PM
God never gives us more than we can handle

I think I can look back on my life and honestly say that I've never had a time in my life when there's been just so much going on!! I really do believe that God doesn't give us any more than we can handle but I think He's giving me the spiritual equivlent of pumping iron!

First, I want to thank Jeanine for remembering my Tuesday appointment with the radiation oncologist (and everyone's good wishes, too).

Next, I've got my first chemotherapy treatment on Thursday at the hospital. I'm not scared, but anxious in a way that I'll be glad to actually move down this road. I'm not a good "waiter"... It helps me to know I'm moving along in my recovery. I'm keeping positive thoughts for a reasonable experience with moderate side effects.

And finally, my dh and I are just back from Guatemala from a few days visiting with the little girl we're going to adopt. We started this process more than 15 months ago and received our referral back in February, well before we had any inkling of my physical problems. I cannot tell you just how awesome and gorgeous and wonderful she was! She is 3 1/2 months old and was absolutely perfect. We spent all day Thursday and most of Friday with her. (This is my first full time "mothering" experience and I'm also just over 4 weeks post-op from the TAH BSO so I'm fairly well wiped out now but I didn't overdo it physically.)

Emotionally, however, I'm all over the place... You know, while I'm keeping very positive about the chemo and radiation treatment, I wonder if we're doing the right thing in going forward with the adoption. All the time that I had her in my arms I felt that everything was going to be all right and I could see myself as her mother as she's growing up. That was really cool.

We met with the attorney handling our case, too, and she said that our case was progressing and that perhaps it would be completed in another 2 months or so. I couldn't believe that it could all happen so quickly! My head was spinning!

My dh is very supportive. We talked the other night and I said that I was scared -- of everything -- the future, the treatments, being a mom (how scary is that?!). All I can do is remind myself that nothing happens in God's plan by mistake. Like, right here, right now, everything is just the way it should be.

I've prayed so much over these last few days. The thought that has come to me over and over again is to "walk forward in faith" so I guess that's what I'll continue to do.

Thank you all for listening. I'll let you know how the first chemo goes. God bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2003, 09:28 PM

I am so glad your trip went well, The positive energy and love that you have for the baby and motivation to be there for her will help you get through this. I'm sure the next few months will be very difficult , but I agree with you that it's meant for you to be well and her to be with you. I told you before my adopted son turned 18 last week. He is such a gift. I am 5 weeks post op from my TAH/ BSO for borderline ovarian malignancy and feel very fortunate,
My thoughts and prayers are with you to get well and bring that baby home.
Unread 05-17-2003, 09:36 PM

It is wonderful that you can maintain such a positive outlook on your life! With the addition of a new baby, it will bring you even more hope for the future. It will be difficult to care for a child while undergoing treatments, but God will be with you because He never leaves us or forsakes us. What would we do without Faith?

All the best to you and your family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2003, 08:16 AM
Maureenie,

What a great attitude! I'm sure you will be able to handle this, and your DH sounds like he will surely help. That's what has gotten me past the chemo treatments.

I have a 4 yr dd, and my BF helps alot with her, as a matter of fact, I just had my 6th treatment Wednesday, so today, is a somewhat tireing day for me, so he took her to his mother's to spend the day there.

I also have a 16 ds, but he is sooo much into his own life right now, that he is barely home, but he tries to schedule his events when he knows that BF will be working late, and I'll be home alone with the baby, during my chemo weeks.

You're right, everything does have a way of fixing itself.

's and ers to you, on your first chemo & radiation treatments.
Unread 05-18-2003, 01:12 PM

Hi Maureen..

How right you are!!

First off let me wish you all good happenings with your first chemo. Give my regards to the wonderful nurses at North Shore. I am sure that they will remember me....Tell them the one that was petrified all the time and nervous. On their request, my oncologist gave me tranquilizers before each treatment. OH, I was a real pain!!

Remember to pack a goodie bag of water, drinks, food, and a magazine or book. It is a very long day and they really do not supply anything like that unless someone goes to the cafeteria. With all the meds and tranqulizers in me I did sleep for a while.

Next, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! It sounds as though you and your new daughter did a lot of bonding. Everything works in mysterious ways and somehow the bad and the good just kind of intertwine.

Keep in touch.

Rosalie
Unread 05-18-2003, 01:21 PM

I'm so happy for you and your new beginning with your soon to be adopted beautiful baby. You've had so much going on. Your faith is strong and this is so helpful. You have so many positives to focus on.
Best of luck and prayers with you as you start your chemo. I too, will be starting my first chemo soon. Take care of yourself.
Unread 05-18-2003, 03:57 PM

God is awesome and powerful, and He clearly has a role for you as this baby's mother. I know applications and paperwork can take a long time, especially when you're dealing with a baby from another country. But it sounds like things are moving along really well.

I know this little girl is going to be a huge blessing in your life, and that she will keep you focused on positive things and the many wonders of life. I will definitely keep you in prayer as you begin treatment and complete the adoption process. Just imagine how much more wonderful life will be when that little girl comes to live with you forever! :-)

Don't stress about the choice to adopt. Your faith is strong, and God is with you.

My faith is strong, and God is with me.

s!
Unread 05-18-2003, 06:55 PM

Best wishes on the adoption of your baby.

Hang in there as you start chemo. It is never real pleasant but can be manageable. I embroidered Christmas presents while I was having mine. With a port in, you have the use of both of your hands.

Wishing you the best

Ruth S
Unread 05-19-2003, 12:02 AM

Maureenie,

Your strong faith and positive attitude is a real inspiration to me
Unread 05-19-2003, 06:12 PM
Maureenie

God is always with us, and what a way He has of showing you His love for you - with the addition of your daughter! I too am starting chemo within the next month. You have something so wonderful to look forward to! I have 2 adopted nieces, one adopted nephew, and an adopted great-niece. I love them all to pieces.

Take good care and keep us posted!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register