Talked to GS and saw Uro, Not Gallbladder, NOW what?????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Talked to GS and saw Uro, Not Gallbladder, NOW what?????? Talked to GS and saw Uro, Not Gallbladder, NOW what??????

Unread 05-19-2003, 01:51 PM
Talked to GS and saw Uro, Not Gallbladder, NOW what??????

Hi sisters,

I just wanted to let you all know that I got a call this morning from my General Surgeon and he told me my gallbladder was fine (although I did not get a chance to ask just how well it is working) and to see him after the Upper GI on the 29th to go over all of the tests. I also saw the Urologist this morning. She wants to see me back in 2 weeks to do all of the Pre-OP exams and set the date for shortly after the 3rd. She is soooo sweet!! She wants to wait the 2 weeks for me to heal from the lap and hernia repair. And since I am still cramping she said I need to give it another week or 2 to see if it is just the recovery pain.

I am going around and around AGAIN, but at least I am going to end up in right place eventually!!! I am so sick of all of this I could !! The MAIN thing that makes me furious is that the GS I am seeing is a reservist (which means he was only at the clinic temporarily) and no one ever even bothered to let me know this... He will not be able to perform the surgery because he is leaving at the end of this week!

SO, I am scheduled to see another GS on June 3rd (thank goodness it is a woman) and she will take over from there. WOW, both Woman 's, at least I know they have some female experiences! I may never go to a man again! I have ONLY 1 male Dr now and he is the Gyn. I love him to death... I am STILL having the pain and severe belching and bloated feeling and if it is not my gallbladder then I dont know what it could be! Has anyone had these problems and it not been their gallbladder? What did it turn out to be?

I guess all I have to do now is WAIT again.. You all know how much we love to do that!!

Thanks sisters for EVERYTHING!! I you all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2003, 01:57 PM

Pam:

First of all, s for you !!

I too went thru a lot of the same as you, and mine WAS my gallbladder. My surgeon was astute enough to have some faith in what I was saying, and not what the tests were saying. The only negative finding in any of my tests was "sludge" in the gallbladder. Every single test I had said my gallbladder was fine. But something was making me sick with pain and vomiting. After ruling out the stomache, we were back to the gallbladder. The surgeon then went in laparoscopically (sp?) and geez, - YUP - the gallbladder had to go !! It was inflamed, infected, and had adhesions all over it. Goes hand in hand with being an endo sufferer - those darned adhesions are everywhere.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know to be patient and perserverent ... Don't let them blow you off. I know exactly where you are at with the Doctors - My regular GP handed me some anti-depressants and told me to go home and take them, I would be fine.

Hang in there and make sure your new Dr hears you !
Unread 05-19-2003, 02:42 PM

{{{Pam}}}
I am so very sorry that you are getting the run around AGAIN! Unfortunately when it comes to GI problems I know all too well how frustrating not knowing what is causing the problem can be. I've had just about every GI test, many of them more than once and no one can tell me why I have pain, nausea and swelling.

I did find out that I have alot of allergies to certain foods, had a bad case of Candida, I don't have Celiac, possible mercury poisoning, and food and me simply don't get along very well. As far as an explanation......

I hope the new GS will be the answer for you. I really do my GS, he was the only one who continued to look for answers for me, I don't think I would've known the above if he hadn't continued to look.

Big s coming your way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2003, 04:34 AM
Get Checked For Celiac

Hi Pam,

I'm sure you've updating everyone since this post, but I am up can't sleep and decided to search on celiac here and see what came up and so I've found you. Bear with me for a few minutes, I went to a new doctor on Monday, one of 400 trained at looking at an array of symptoms from a 20-page questionnaire and then following up with various tests to diagnose your illness and treat you. Well, she is 98% certain that I have celiac (plus thyroid, glucose, and yeast issues). Celiac has been the driver in my lifetime of illnesses. It is a digestive disease that affects the small intestine and other parts of your body because you can not handle gluten. It is the precursor for a host of illnesses, including autoimmune diseases (such as RA, MS, diabetes). Almost everything that has occurred to me is because of celiac: canker sores, alternating diarrhea and constipation, gall bladder, endometriosis (and subsequent hysterectomy), rectal sores, bone and joint problems. I remember having severe cramps as a child and young adult and counting in my head until they passed and so many other things--it's like finally the pieces to the puzzle have been put together.

The conventional tests of bloodwork or a biopsy of your small intestine do NOT always catch celiac. In fact, she has one patient who was an invalid and had not tested positive for celiac with bloodwork or the biopsy. However, the stool test confirmed the celiac and the severity of her disease--the worst my doctor has ever seen. Now this patient has more good days than bad and is resuming a normal life.

This is cutting edge stuff--most doctors are not aware of it. (I am so grateful to have these answers, but I am also a bit overwhelmed at the moment with info and I may ramble some, so again please bear with me.) I wish I had a fortune so I could go out and get everyone tested. Anyway, a new test to check for celiac was developed just last year by a doctor who himself has celiac and was frustrated by the inaccurate testing out there. It is a stool test that can be ordered for $99 from www.Enterolab.com. On the actual page with the tests, it's the 6th one done, the Gluten Sensitivity Test. At this site, you can also read about Dr. Fines, his "lecture" on conventional tests vs his new one and you can read the testimonials by people who have found a new life after they have been diagnosed by his test. He explains why he has put the testing on the Internet--so it's accessible to all and you don't have to beg your doctor for the test. You order it, submit it, and get the results. All of the profits from the lab go to the Intestinal Institute.

Because I have had this all my life without diagnosis, I am severely depleted of every nutrient. I have started a regimen of vitamins and supplements prescribed by my doctor, including daily B-12 shots. It will take 18 months before I am as good as can be. My doctor said it is like peeling the layers of an onion. With each one removed, I will feel better--at one week, then 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, and so on. Also, because I have other issues as well (thyroid, glucose, and candida yeast), all can not be treated at once--my body would just revolt.

VW and Kim--Please consider ordering this test and finding out if you have celiac. At least check out the website. Kim--I have been reading your posts on HJ and elsewhere here for a long time and would love for you to find some answers. $100 seems a small fee to find out. (My husband and I easily spend that on a nice meal. I have also spent many multiples of that trying to lose weight. That's the other kicker I forgot to mention. In my case, it's also the reason I cannot lose weight. I eat and eat and crave and eat, but my body does not absorb any of the nutrients. I am bloated and swollen and just inflamed throughout. The most common picture of a celiac person is the very underweight one who looks like someone from a concentration camp; however, it goes the other way also.

I am going to have to stop myself from being an evangelist on this issue, but if I can help just one person not go through what I have been through (and in comparison to many, I have not been through much) . . . I am going to post elsewhere on HS also. I really need to write up a nice report on what I have learned first. There's just so much. My doctor is also a celiac who had carpal tunnel syndrome at age 26 and then endometriosis and a hysterectomy at age 46. If she had know, she could have gone gluten free and reversed or stopped the CTS and endometriosis and not had to have a hysterectomy. Her sister was bipolar and ran a bakery and almost died because her liver was twice its normal size from exposure to gluten. Since she went gluten free, both problems have been eliminated. I am just amazed at the implications of gluten. I have friends with MS, RA, children with autism, etc. and I am telling everyone.

s to all of you guys,
Shirley
Unread 06-19-2003, 10:21 AM

Shirley,
Celiac was what my gs doc was thinking and he had me tested for that. I think he had my GI doc take some tissue samples when I had the last endoscopy and the tissue was sent off for testing. I think he ran some bloodwork also. I'm not sure but my Osteo doc may have done some testing for it also. I've had so many tests this last year I can't keep them straight anymore. I'm still going to check out the link though. And will ask the Osteo doc about this next time I see her.

I am on pretty much a gluten free diet. While I cheat occassionally, my diet pretty much consists of veggies and turkey, with beef thrown in once a week. I make a yummy turkey soup! I hardly eat anything that comes in a box.

I had the Candida and yeast issues last year also. Osteo doc thinks it may be back.

Thanks for thinking about me Shirley.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register