:help: emotions/frustrations--a week and a half since surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

:help: emotions/frustrations--a week and a half since surgery :help: emotions/frustrations--a week and a half since surgery

Unread 05-20-2003, 01:05 AM
:help: emotions/frustrations--a week and a half since surgery

Hi,

My surgery TAH/bladder suspension was May 9th, 'came home from castle May 12.

I find myself vacilating between wonderful bliss, and less patient, less able to handle disappointments and such... more emotionally reactive. ha! more like PMS!

I'm on an HRT patch... but wonder how long will the smiles erupt into hostility and then back to smiles.
I find myself having to bite my tongue a bunch, lest I allienate all my friends.

Today I wrote an email, pretty much telling a good friend of mine "to go to hell and stay there, and that I was bitterly disappointed that he had totally blown off my surgery." :burning:

He wrote something back about being spread too thin and being sorry he wasn't the friend I needed.

I told him his "being spread too thin excuse made me want to gag"... to join the rest of the human race and act like he cared. :

We're now not on speaking terms.

My husband just smiled gently at me when I told him what I had done... made a few excuses for the guy, then thought better of it.

I'm not quite sure what got into me to give my close friend hell like that. Probably ended the relationship... is it normal that I am still angry at him anyway?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2003, 01:40 AM

Oh (((Danielle))) you are soooo normal! I know it probably doesn't feel like it right now, but it's true.

There is a great book for you to read right now... Dr. Christiane Northrup's The Wisdom of Menopause . She talks about how at menopause, our tolerance for **** goes waaaaaay down. Basically our priorities change, we refocus ourselves on what is truly important to us, and we decide that life is too short to take any garbage! And we proceed to let everyone around us know!

I really recommend the book, it made me feel so much better to know I wasn't the only one who was telling those who didn't toe the line exactly how I felt about their behavior.

s,
-Linda
Unread 05-20-2003, 04:33 AM

Quote:
"Basically our priorities change, we refocus ourselves on what is truly important to us, and we decide that life is too short to take any garbage!"

I hear that!
Danielle, you and i are having the same reaction to things (same surgery date), thank you for posting! I basically find myself wanting to tell people if they can't be sympathetic now, then get out of town!
I get really frustrated at myself too, but i'm learning to do the "toss my hands in the air and say "that's life" thing. On a positive note, it's 5:30a here and i slept for almost 6 hours....AND, swellyjellybelly is almost NIL! Rest does help it!!!
Stay in touch, and surferbabe, thanks for that great recommendation!
love,
becki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2003, 06:01 AM

So true! I also had my surgery on the 9th and yesterday I was a bear. I was unable to take even the smallest frustration without crying or wanting to scream. I feel better this a.m. - seems my coping skills are returning. I am on HRT but maybe a little regulation is necessary?

Katie
Unread 05-20-2003, 07:03 AM

Thank you! Y'all are s!

I woke up this am feeling a tad guilty/sad at my voiced frustration--cause I alienated the guy.
But I realize "oh well, such is life."... the fact that
yet again he isn't around, and is nursing his own wounds gets me right back to being angry! ha ha ha!

Thank you for your suggestion on the book.
I will definitely look at it on-line today.

And many healing blessings to all of you!
It's good to know
we're in this together, and we'll be recovering together, as well.

lots of love
Unread 05-20-2003, 10:23 AM

One of the reasons for the feeling of agitation could be the narcotics we all have had to use for the first weeks. I got off them last week. The next two days I was a real basket case. The withdrawal and hormone imbalance together. My poor dh was so distraught he lost it, too. But today is much better. Went on the vivelle patch 1mg yesterday, slept well last night. I am still exhausted, but at least I don't hate everyone and everything today.(at least not now)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register