Going A Different Route-need Advice! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going A Different Route-need Advice! Going A Different Route-need Advice!

Unread 05-20-2003, 09:07 AM
Going A Different Route-need Advice!

Hi Girls,

I am calling on you once again for your wisdom. Have started leaking very badly & not feeling well at all. Called the uro clinic that I have appt. w/3:00PM. Nurse told me I needed to go to emergency room at rural hospita to have my fp reinsert my supra immediately as this afternoon will be too late. I don't want to do that. I asked about this uro & she said he was just going to stabalize me until the other hospital could get me in. I explained situation to her & she said well just talk to uro.

I started doing research on uro's in that city. I called the hospital he was affiliated with & am trying to arrange a tour & meeting after I see uro. This hospital is much smaller but is a catholic hospital (my dh is catholic). They told me because they are run by the nuns you do get better specialized care. When I was 5 years old I spent 3 mths in a catholic hospital with rheumatic fever & other problems & they saved my life. Is it possible that God is steering me in this direction? I am not thinking clearly right now & am feeling very confused.

Please give me advice,
Terry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2003, 09:13 AM

Hun,

I feel in my heart that you truly need to go the ER. Is there another hospital that you can go to? I feel this urgency in my heart that you need medical care now! Does the Catholic Hospital have an ER? I think it is possible that God is steering you in that direction...

Is your DH with you? If not can he come home? I'm worried about you....
Unread 05-20-2003, 09:22 AM

I agree -- seek care immediately, and do whatever it takes to get that. As to longer term treatment, well, I do believe God always steers us, but it is up to us to listen and then follow the course he has set for us.

Sometimes I look at the pain so many of us have been through and think -- why? My own jouney with severe pain (including rheumatic fever recently if you can believe that sweetie!) has led me back to the Catholic church, and this has been very important for me. And as to reasons for such pain, well the life God has chosen for us isn't always without that -- and sometimes the lesson, as painful as it may be, isn't even always just for us. We really are one body and blood, even if we do not see it every moment.

My prayers are with you. You will be well.
Loretta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2003, 10:08 AM

((((Terry))))

Oh Gosh- you poor thing- I would get to the hospital ER you are thinking of going to to get the supra back in before the whole closes up- can you not use a foley for a while- just to give you bladder a different type of invasion so to speak and maybe that might ease the spasms- gosh I wish you were closer to my URO to go and see to help- I would get going as soon as you can and please let me know how you are! I am praying for you!!
Unread 05-20-2003, 11:29 AM

Terry,

I'd high tail it to the ER and have the doctor on call speak with the URO for instructions.

As a Catholic, I am a little biased about the hospital thing. I know you will be prayed for there. I hope that you will receive outstanding care as well.

A few days ago I asked God to send you one of his special angels.. that might have been the nurse who told you to get to the ER. Examine your heart and try to listen. God gives us a mind to make free choices. You still must make the best choices that you can.

Sweetheart, please take care of yourself and let others take care of you, too!
Unread 05-20-2003, 11:30 AM

Oh gosh (((Terry))) I just finished replying to your other thread, and now this. I'm so sorry! I agree, I think you should get to an ER rather than wait until after this afternoon's appointment. Which ER is the tricky question. Does this possible new hospital have a fully staffed ER? That might work at least for right now. The important thing is to be seen quickly if you're leaking a lot now.
We'll be waiting to hear how you're doing.
s,
-Linda
Unread 05-20-2003, 11:41 AM
(((((( Terry )))))

Oh my girl... I hope you went to the ER! I'm sorry your relief was only short lived... I believe things happen for a reason, so perhaps this was to put you in a new direction. I hope you can get some relief soon at this new hospital... My heart is with you!!! Take care of yourself..... Keep us posted.. 's
Unread 05-20-2003, 11:59 AM

I too just repsonded to your prior post and then read this one. YIKES. Go to the ER please. Don't wait till 3:00pm.
Again I'm speechless except to say YOU are in my thoughts.
Please let us know how you are as soon as you can.
HUGS,
Renee
Unread 05-20-2003, 12:00 PM

{{{Terry}}}
Please go to the ER! This sounds very serious and is nothing to mess with. Go to whichever ER you feel most comfortable with, but please go. At the very least they can get you stabalized and than you can make a decision about which hospital should do the surgery.
Unread 05-20-2003, 04:48 PM

Oh Terry,

I that you have gone to the ER and that is why you have not replied back!!!

I know you want this all to be OVER but you really need to be seen. I would really hate to see you have MORE complications.

We are all thinking of you and very worried. Please let us know how you are as soon as you feel up to it! Just remember, we are right there with you in spirit! I am also Catholic and God works in mysterious ways. Maybe this is a blessing in a HUGE disguise!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register