Radiation Consult today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Radiation Consult today Radiation Consult today

Unread 05-20-2003, 04:28 PM
Radiation Consult today

I just wanted to post a note and let you all know that I had a good meeting with my radiation oncologist today. I felt (as I did with my chemo oncologist) that he was very thorough and knowledgeable.

He did say that he was going to recommend my going through radiation therapy at the same time as I'm doing the chemo. (Chemo starts this Thursday, 5/22) In his opinion, there was more to be gained by not waiting. He said that I'd have to go through 5 1/2 weeks of external radiation (daily basis) and a few (perhaps 3-4) internal radiation sessions. The internal would be done once a week for a few weeks after the external radiation is completed.

I don't know who'll make the final decision on piggy-backing the two treatments but I said at the beginning of this process that they could "throw the kitchen sink" at me if they wanted to so I'm not disturbed by any of this at all. In fact, I'll be glad to not have this drag on for another 2 months or so beyond when chemo will be completed, possibly into 2004. I'd rather be aggressive now than look back and regret that we didn't do enough to get all the cancer cells out of me.

I'll let you all know how chemo goes on Thursday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2003, 04:39 PM
Radiation Consult today

(((Maureenie))), I was happy to read that you had a good meeting and seemed to connect with the radiology oncologist. That's surely a "plus". I'm hoping that Thursday's chemo goes well for you.....got my fingers crossed and will be thinking of you.

Good luck!
Unread 05-20-2003, 05:14 PM
Best Wishes

That'll be a lot--chemo and radiation together--but if your doctors are confident and you like them, they certainly know what can be done. As you say--done sooner. I hope this doesn't overtax you (you may well go through it quite easily) and it kills off any cancer cells that are daring to lurk inside you yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2003, 10:08 PM
(((Maureenie))),

Good luck with your chemo on Thursday. I'm not sure about taking chemo & radiation together. Sometimes this chemo can be tough, however, I know the radiation wasn't too bad. But they are they experts and they should know.

And if it gets rid of those stupid cells quicker, like you said, the better off you will be.

's and ers to you... I'll be thinking of you on Thursday.
Unread 05-21-2003, 07:51 AM
Radiation Consult today

Very best wishes for treatment ... Maggie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register