estrace | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-20-2003, 05:23 PM
estrace

I have been on estrace 1mg for about 2 weeks, (after stopping premarin b/c of health concerns) but...without my excellent premarin, I went from 0 hot falshes and night sweats, to about 15 hot flashes a day, and 5 bouts of night sweats - now I am only having about 3 hot flashes a day, and 2 night sweats...I am looking for experience and feedback re, do I strive for 0 flashes again, but going for the 2mg, or tough it out a little longer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2003, 07:19 PM
estrace

Hi I haven't taken oral HRT's, so I'm some ladies who have will stop by with their input, but... oral estrace is known to be short lived in the body. Night sweats and hot flashes can sometimes result from fluctuations rather than too-low levels. I've heard of some ladies having to temporarily divide their 1mg into two 0.5mg dosages and take half in the morning, half at night to even things out until their bodies get used to the estrace. Maybe that might help?
s,
-Linda
Unread 05-20-2003, 07:58 PM
estrace

thanks for the input - that could be it - I had all of my hormones done recently , and as my GP put it, they were normal for a man, or a woman in menopause! when I call my gyn tomorrow, I will ask about ./. the dose, altho the pill is very small to begin with
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2003, 08:25 PM
estrace

I too switched from Premarin .625 to Estrace 1mg. Premarin worked but I didn't like reading how it has all that extra stuff in it. I sometimes get night sweats but its definitely better than before my hyst. Now I only feel like 90 degrees instead of 120!:burning: The problem I now have is I'm getting soft and squishy around the middle and thighs. Even though I'm trying to diet and lately I've started running 2 miles a day. What does a person do about that??? I saw the prior post suggesting cutting the pills in 1/2. I think I will try that to see if I sleep better and the sweats go away completely.
Unread 05-20-2003, 09:01 PM
estrace

I was put on Estrace 2 mg after my LAVH/BSO. I have done quite well on it except for the vaginal dryness. I have however decided to cut my doseage to 1 mg. I have noticed the thickening in my middle and the huge expansion of my cup size! Went from small c to a large D! I don't experience any hotflashes or night sweats. Good Luck to you!
Unread 05-21-2003, 02:47 AM
estrace

I have been taking estrace but taking it by letting 1/4 of 1mg tablet dissolve between my cheek and gum. It takes about 15 min. to dissolve this way BUT it bypasses the liver so they say it's better to take this way. That is what that compounding pharmacist, Pete Heuseman, told me. He said not a lot of drs. know about this delivery method but it is a good one. I feel A LOT better taking it this way and I stretch the pills to last four months. Just my input on estrace. Good luck to you...Phyllis
Unread 05-21-2003, 05:41 AM
estrace

HI, I too am considering switching from .3mg premarin to estrace. What health concerns were you worried about that made you want to switch? I was told to split the dose and take half in the am and half in the pm. I am curious if you let it dissolve in your mouth why you would need less? I haven't decided if I want to switch yet I am still trying to decide which is better.
Unread 05-21-2003, 09:44 AM
estrace

Troubled Tabby: I was told by the compounding pharmacist that taking it this way (called I think sublingually) you are getting 2 to 2 1/2 times the strength as taking it orally. When you take it orally it passes through your liver and I guess A LOT of it is lost there....I guess it doesn't get into your system as well. Alls I know is that when I took it orally it did nothing for me BUT when I took it between my cheek and gum (bottom right rear I put it there as there seems to be a pocket that it will stay in) it seems to do the trick. Actually the pharmacist said I should take 1/4 of the 1mg tablet in the A.M. AND the P.M. but so far I just take 1/4 tablet around 8:30am and it seems to last for me that way. Hope you find your balance. It's a real jungle isn't it? Phyllis

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register