A Little Off Topic Here...But I Need Your Help With Eczema - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A Little Off Topic Here...But I Need Your Help With Eczema A Little Off Topic Here...But I Need Your Help With Eczema

Unread 06-03-2003, 02:28 PM
A Little Off Topic Here...But I Need Your Help With Eczema

Judy,
I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but there's some helpful hints and tips in this thread from the jungle archives https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...?threadid=3323

I've not had alot of problems with my duragesic patch, but I have resorted to some band aids a time or two when I placed it in a bad spot and had to move it and than it didn't want to stick very good. I've used the waterproof tape that they sell for gauze pads also.

Good luck, I hope you can keep the patch stuck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2003, 04:34 PM

Thanks Lady in Red That thread was very helpful my dear. I am just about to give the patch one more try

We'll see what happens. I'd really like to know what a little estrogen will do for the FMS pain...and I'm also a little curious to see if it makes the Endo pain worse. I'm crossing my fingers that doesn't happen.

The first time I put it on, I had just hopped out of the shower...so I'm hoping that was the problem. I'll also try the blow dryer trick if it doesn't stick. I'll let you all know...

Thanks again and S to my dear sweet sisters...
Unread 06-04-2003, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Judester
Thanks Lady in Red
Thank you my friend! You gave me a desparately needed good chuckle this morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2003, 11:02 PM

{{{Jude}}}

I just wandered by before bed so I'm afraid I've skimmed through the thread (and {{{hugs}}} to all the Roadies)

I didn't see anyone mention evening primrose oil. Pardon if it was mentioned! It really made a difference for me, but I had a very mild case.

It can be related to GLA deficiency, which is how evening primrose oil works, by supplying GLA. Estrogen might not make that better. Might even make it worse.

Natural vitamin E (d-alpha NOT dl-alpha), fish oil, and evening primrose oil, might help you as much as they help me. There's more at www.hormonejungle.com/primrose.php

{{{Jude}}} hope you find ever more relief!
Unread 06-09-2003, 09:03 AM
Totally forgot about the EPO!

Thanks so much, (((Trish))) -- I just went back and thought I had mentioned this, but you're right, I'd forgotten. There's enough research evidence that EPO is at least mildly effective. It helps me some, but doesn't seem to do much for my DD, unfortunately.

The good news is, cutting out citrus is finally giving us an improvement in her problems. She goes off to "sleepaway" camp for her first time in three weeks, and we're scrambling to do everything we can to get rid of her "spots". She's really embarrassed by them, poor thing and refuses to wear shorts until they're all gone. I did hear from a friend's mother that they used cod liver oil on their child's lesions and saw an improvement...and she mentioned some sort of homeopathic remedy, too, that she said was highly effective. I'll try to get the name of that for us all. It's not cheap, though!

We're ready to try Elidel, too, with my DD. But cutting out the citrus is making a difference; it's subtle, but she keeps count daily of all her "spots" -- and there are fewer and fewer, with healthier skin healing them over. Even the kitten scratches we've all been getting (we've been fostering two small furbabies) aren't turning into lesions for her -- for the first time.

Thanks for stopping by, Trish, and reminding us of the EPO. It can be magic stuff for many!

Audrey
Unread 06-09-2003, 04:45 PM

Hey Jude, good to see you!!! Well yes this endo sister also has eczema....mine is called "discoid eczema" and comes in the form of circles....my mother is convinced this is lupus related but I can't seem to find out anything about it.....mine has been getting worse lately and I have no idea why but at least it doesn't hurt or is itchy really!

There is a new hormone patch out called OrthoEvra and I"ve been thinking about trying it because it's the first patch to have the same estrogen that the birth control pill does Ethinyl Estradiol.......the only wild card is it has a new type of progestin in it I haven't tried which sometimes get dicey with me, but I have to wonder how much some of my problems aren't due to taking the bcp everyday for the last 3+ years ya know?? So I plan to look into it at least!!!

...and I agree with everyone else, you are the farthest thing from a wimp there is, although like you, having all these health problems, people can sometimes make you feel like you are one by saying things like "geez you're a mess" or "aren't you too young for all this" and crap like that......you are a TROOPER my friend and more then that you have managed to be there for other sisters like myself while going through all of this......

you hang in there sweetie, we're all here for ya

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register