Chemo rescheduled! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Chemo rescheduled! Chemo rescheduled!

Unread 05-21-2003, 04:20 PM
Chemo rescheduled!

You know, I can deal with a lot... But some things really tick me off....

I was scheduled to start chemo tomorrow. The appointment's been in place for at least two weeks. Since it's the first course, it was scheduled to be done at the hospital. Well, I got a call from the oncologist's office this afternoon and they advised me that it had to be rescheduled to Friday. They said it was the fault of the hospital as the hospital said they did not have a bed for me.

I was really ready to start the treatment tomorrow. In addition, my doctor, who was going to be there administering and supervising the chemo on Thursday, is now not going to be available at all.

I KNOW that it's just one day's delay and I'm sure that the hospital will have totally competent people overseeing my treatment. But I could choke the little bureaucrat responsible for this, whoever it might be!

Thanks for letting me vent!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2003, 05:08 PM
Chemo rescheduled!

s Maureen

Sorry to read of the delay. But best wishes on Friday!!!!

karenann
Unread 05-21-2003, 05:28 PM
That's A Bummer!

We do get "set" for something (good or bad) and when it's postponed and changed it just makes us get this "oh no!" feeling. I know you want your Dr., etc. but they will take very good care of you. My first chemo was in the hospital as well (right after surgery to have a port) and it went well.

Best wishes--this cancer's going to be GONE, GONE, GONE after treatment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2003, 07:32 PM
I know how fustrating a delay can be...

I feel for you. I realize it is ONLY one day, but one day is one day.

About the Dr not being there, my Dr is never there during my chemo treatments, except for the time I had to take taxol again, after my first initial allergic reaction. He was there in the room for that, but other than that, it's just the chemo nurses. And I have my chemo at his office, so I guess technically he is there, just with other patients.

There aren't too many oncologists that specializes in gyn in San Antonio, so he is one busy man. But he has a chemo room, that has the beds or recliners, whichever we prefer. I personally, like to lay there, and do my work, or read or whatever. My BF sits on the recliner next to me, and just sits there.

So take that extra day, and do something fun, that takes alot of effort, cause after chemo you won't have the same amount of energy.

's and ers to you... I'll be thinking of you on Friday, and tomorrow too!!
Unread 05-22-2003, 10:38 AM
Chemo delay

Maureenie,

I would find it hard, too, if my first chemo date had been changed. We get the strength, emotionally, to get set for the day, and it takes a lot emotionally. My six sessions of chemo (the second coming up the first week of June) will all be at the hospital. And, I know that I will just have to go along with the program, but, like you, once I emotionally prepare myself for it, am ready for it then, not later. I am trying to 'think outside the box' about it, knowing that I will not let the chemo dictate my whole life even now, so try to keep the 'big picture' in focus - for me, that's Sept. when I finish it. All the best to you.
Unread 05-22-2003, 05:10 PM
I know exactly how you feel..

Hey Maureenie - boy, can I relate to what you are feeling.

The morning of my last treatment I was called two hours before I was supposed to be there and told my appointment had to be pushed to the next week. Seems the annual Christmas party was being held that evening and all the nurses wanted to leave early to get ready. The appointment had been scheduled two months in advance, and I felt someone should have caught it way before that! I went ballistic!! I did not want to wait another five days for my final treatment - I was ready now!

To make a long story short, my doctor agreed with me and told the nurses to find a way to fit me in. So, they told me if I could get there in the next hour the chemo could proceed as scheduled. Needless to say I flew like the wind - no mean feat since I had just rolled out of bed, no shower, no breakfast, just threw some clothes on and went.

I can laugh about it now, but boy, at the time.............. I remember sitting there in the recliner just fuming, hungry, sleepy and disheveled - a real grump. But everyone was so nice and apologetic, I got over it. I think that with all that is going on - dealing with the diagnosis, the surgery and the chemo - we are just so emotionally vulnerable that it doesn't take much to set us off.

Hang in there - I know it is difficult when you have psyched yourself for that first treatment. Maybe take that extra day and do something really nice for yourself. And by the way, my doctor was not actually around for the chemo. The nurses pretty much take care of everything. s and best of luck.
Unread 05-22-2003, 07:54 PM
Chemo rescheduled!

Hi Maureen....

I am sorry that they delayed your chemo also. You get yourself all psyched up and ready and bam!!

All I can say is that the nurses in the chemo room at North Shore are excellent. And truthfully, I saw my oncologist there only once when she came in to visit someone else.

The nurses administer all the meds that the doctor prescribes and believe me, they check and recheck a thousand times, which is good.

Soo..... good luck again for tomorrow and let me know how it goes.

Rosalie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register