An encouraging story. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

An encouraging story. An encouraging story.

Unread 05-22-2003, 04:25 AM
An encouraging story.

I just shared the bare bones of my recent cancer concerns journey on another (homeschooling) board I subscribe to. One of the other homeschoolers shared a story about her mother I did not know about. Apparently she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer when pregnant. She insisted on waiting for surgery until after the baby was born. She was born by C section and the mother had a tah / bso immediately afterwards and was diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer. The "baby" is now 19, her older sister who posted has two children and the mother who was diagnosed with ovca stage 3 is alive and healthy, working as a teacher and helping with her grandchildren! You evidently can go on to have a long and full life with this stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2003, 07:13 AM
Years and years to go . . . .

Latina, that's a wonderful story. All you ladies have a lot of living to do. Go, girls.

Mary D.
Unread 05-22-2003, 07:59 AM
An encouraging story.

Latina, thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful story!

After my surgery, when my Dr. visited my hospital room and discussed that they found cancers in both the uterus and ovaries, my immediate reaction was, "Oh, my God. It's check out time."

Well, thank God, I've discovered that's NOT the case. Cancer treatment has improved by leaps and bounds. 20-25 years ago is considered the "old days" of cancer treatment. I've got great Dr's who are taking great care of me, of course, with me participating in my own recovery, too. I'm looking forward to a wonderful future!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2003, 01:49 PM
An encouraging story.

I'm also looking forward to a wonderful future! I keep hearing about people who had Stage 3 ovarian cancer years ago and are now doing fine. Stories like this just underscore the leaps and bounds that traditional and non-traditional medicines have made in treating cancer. I have never for a moment thought that I wouldn't get past this. Thanks for sharing the story, Latina!
Unread 05-22-2003, 07:59 PM
An encouraging story.

That is a wonderful encouraging story...May we all be success stories like that!!

Rosalie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register