Weepy, weepy, weepy!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weepy, weepy, weepy!! Weepy, weepy, weepy!!

Unread 05-22-2003, 04:37 PM
Weepy, weepy, weepy!!

I am 3 wks post op TAH and bladder suspension.

I have been weepy usually at night, but now it's just out of control! I cry at the drop of a hat. And I don't stop as fast as used to. Now it lasts longer. I'm so miserable. Physically I think I'm doing pretty good.

I started taking Premarin about a week ago.

Then today the mail man tried to deliver a certified letter to me from my medical ins. co., and I'm worried about that. It CAN'T be something good. I can't pick it up until tomorrow.

I feel like I'm really losing it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2003, 05:23 PM
Weepy, weepy, weepy!!

this is more than likely just normal recovery from your surgery...i know you don't want to hear that there is alot of stuff going on and your body needs much more time to heal. if you are still crying and you can't stand it, give your dr a call, he may want to up your dose.
Unread 05-22-2003, 06:03 PM
Weepy

Actually, no I don't mind hearing that it might just be normal recovery. I would rather it be that than a big messed up hormone problem. I will give it some time and see what happens, but in the meantime I'm a wreck. Many times when I get myself all worked up and cry for an extended period of time I end up with a migraine so I'm trying my best to keep my cool.

I appreciate your response, Cynthia.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2003, 07:19 PM
Weepy, weepy, weepy!!

Hi Beth---

You have been through a major ordeal physcially and emotionally with this surgery. It takes time to settle down from all of it. You sound like you are feeling overwhelmed with all of it-----which I can definitely relate to. Be sure to stay in contact with your doctor about how you are feeling. It takes time and patience to find your balance again. In the meantime, please know that you can come here anytime with your concerns and questions.

's
Unread 05-22-2003, 07:29 PM
Weepy

Thanks, Shelley.....

I have been dealing with major depression for many many years. It's almost like I was born with it, and no matter what I do, I can't get out of it. I have seen multiple shrinks, taken every med you can think of, and it's just still there. I guess that's why I worry about this weepiness now. I worry that it will never stop.

I don't know if you have read any of my other posts (like in Aching Hearts), but from Nov. to Mar. I made several trips (flying) to try to help take care of my dad who had cancer. He passed away on March 17th, while I was there with him. The week after I got home I found out my mother had cancer in her left lung (again) and had to have her entire lung removed. Then the next week she and I were in a car accident. The following week she had her lung removed, and then the NEXT week I had my TAH.
Sometimes I just wonder if I'm going to make it through all this.
Unread 05-25-2003, 08:21 PM
Weepy, weepy, weepy!!

What dose of Premarin are you on? I was put on 0.3mg the day after my surgery. The doctor had asked me if I was having any crying jags. I said, "no, do I have to get to that point?" He immediately put me on Premarin.

I chose not to take it every day. I took it about 4 days a week and was ok for a few months. Started to feel down, so my doctor recommended I increase it to 0.3mg/daily. Felt better for another few months, then around 8 months post-op started to feel anxious and depressed again. I doubled the dose to .6mg/daily which has been holding me ok. I was due for a followup with my doctor at which she had no problem with me increasing the dose to .6mg if it was helping.

I used to be on the pill for years. One time my doctor tried to lower the dose and I really started having problems, that is, I felt like I was loosing it. I would be at work and felt teary for no reason I could pinpoint and felt very anxious. It became very clear to me how closely tied hormones are to one's sense of psychological well-being. When I realized what was going on I immediately contacted my doctor and they restored my dose and I popped back to normal.

Perhaps your dose is a bit low and needs an adjustment.
Unread 05-26-2003, 08:08 AM
Weepy

Madeleine,

Thank you for your advice! I don't have my bottle of Premarin right next to me and I'm too lazy to walk 10 steps to get it, but I think the strength is .625 or something like that. I have to say that I think the crying jags are a tiny bit better. I still cry occasionally, but not as easily as I was. My daughter noticed it too. She was really getting worried.

If I didn't have the added stressors going on besides my trying to recuperate from the TAH, I would probably be doing better.

Mom isn't doing too well after her surgery removing her left lung. She is in more pain, so short of breath, and just seems to be in misery. I'm not really well enough to help her that much, and it's just a big mess.

Thank you again for replying!!
Unread 05-26-2003, 08:51 AM
Weepy, weepy, weepy!!

I'm sorry, I didn't read your post carefully enough. I think having the right dose of HRT helps cope with the difficult life situations. But you are going through a difficult time, so your occasional crying really doesn't sound abnormal. That's what tears are for. I hope your Mom is ok.

Take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register