I have had ENOUGH!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have had ENOUGH!!!!! I have had ENOUGH!!!!!

Unread 05-22-2003, 04:49 PM
I have had ENOUGH!!!!!

I am sorry sisters but I REALLY need to vent right now!!!

As you all know I am on pain meds for DDD and 2 herniated discs awaiting epidural steroid injections. WELL, I THOUGHT I would save time and pharmacy trips having all my meds filled by my PCM. I have been seeing 6 different Dr's and the most recent one being the Pain Clinic.

Well, the last time I went to my PCM I had to see an MD (I posted about wanting my regular dr back) and he TOLD me that I can just call in for the pain meds instead of making appts since I am being seen by a Neurosurgeon.

SO, I called Tuesday and requested a script for my pain meds since I will run out over the weekend. I got a call this morning stating they had been called in and I can go pick them up. Good to go RIGHT?? WRONG!! I was planning to go tomorrow and get them and I got a call about an hour ago telling me I had to make an appt to be seen in order to get another script. I told him about all of my appts and he just said "We have to see you" and then asked me if I was taking my Xanax. I told him yes and he jsut went silent. He told me he was going to transfer me to the front desk to make an appt and if they did not have one I would have to go and sit in the clinic on standby (where you sit there and wait to see if someone does not show up for their appt) Worst case senerio is I sit there ALL day and not be seen!!!

I CANT sit for prolonged periods and I have had ENOUGH of Dr appts for now. I have had one EVERY week, sometimes twice a week for months!!

He treated me like a drug addict!!!!! I DONT like taking all of these meds, but I have to in order to function daily. I am sooooooo MAD right now I just went upstairs in my room and cryed for about 30 minutes. I am just ready to go off on someone and it is NOT going to be pretty when I do. So I will go in for them to tell me NOTHING and give me the meds anyway because it is in my medical records to take them! If I was a addict I would be asking EVERY Dr I saw to give me meds and I COULD get them that easy!!

I have called the pain clinic and left a message because they were already closed and I will call the patient rep tomorrow and see if she can get me an appt because I REFUSE to just go in and SIT for hours on end! I would go to the ER if that is what I wanted to do.

Anyway, sorry it is so long. I just needed to get it all out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2003, 05:41 PM
I have had ENOUGH!!!!!

{{{Pam}}}
I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble getting your meds. Can you call your gp for a small refill until you can get into the pain clinic? I'm going to have to call my gp as my pain doc closed his practice.

I know how scarey it can be to run out of the meds. I've come close a few times but am stocked up for now. Except for my patches, which I have to call the gp next week and beg.

I'm sending lots of calming s for you. I wish that people would remember what they tell us. I think we need to carry tape recorders with us to all appts and have one for all phone conversations also!
Unread 05-22-2003, 05:46 PM
I have had ENOUGH!!!!!

I just experienced the same thing. I've been referred to a neurologist for my RLS and I had a bad night with it last night. I realized that my darvocet and valium/clonazapam is going to run out....so I call neurology. They tell me I can't get a RX from this doctor until he sees me. I don't have an apt with him until June<they cancelled my earlier apt.>....so I call the GP <that referred me to neuro> and I have yet to receive a call back saying that she ok'd the RX's.

This is NOT right.
Renee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2003, 08:29 PM
I have had ENOUGH!!!!!

Thanks sisters!!

Kim,
My GP is having her gallbladder removed tomorrow and I will have to see another Dr until she comes back. The pain clinic is not the clinic refusing to give me meds, it IS the GP clinic which makes it even MORE frusterating!! I just left a message with the paitent rep and I pray she calls early tomorrow. I am also going to call the gp clinic FIRST thing in the morning because they always hold open 2 accute appts per Dr per day so I hope they can get me one. If not I am going to get the patient rep really involved!! I am going to let her know the problem anyway, but if I can get an appt I wont need her to get ugly for me. I also left a message with the pain clinic just in case I cant get any resolution from the gp clinic. One way or another I will need my meds for the weekend or I will end up in the ER!! Thanks Kim, your so great!!!!

Renee,
I am so sorry you are having the same problem, your right, it is NOT right!!! Unfortunatly for me, I see this clinic all of the time and have never come across this before, at least no to this extent! I will keep my fingers crossed that you get a call tomorrow so you dont run out over the weekend! I just might have to go into the clinic with my guns loaded! I hope your feeling better tonight!!

HUGS!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register