Cranberry Juice | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cranberry Juice Cranberry Juice

Unread 05-23-2003, 02:29 PM
Cranberry Juice

Hi all,

I have not had my opp yet, but have been on the post opp site were one or two of the ladys have had UTI,s since having there foley,s fitted. I have had my foley fitted now for 10 weeks because I also have M.S I have been drinking lots of water, but I have also been drinking TWO glasses a day of cranberry juice and have not had a UTI. I just thought this might help for us all when we are in the castle and out.

Hope we all have a great opp and speedy recovery.

Hugs Helen.

TAH/BSO 12cm Fibroid,Tiltes womb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2003, 05:28 PM
Cranberry Juice

Cranberry Juice was my favorite beverage when I was early post-op. I drank it diluted 1/2 water, 1/2 juice, with lots of ice. Never had a problem with bladder.
Unread 05-24-2003, 10:13 AM
Cranberry Juice

HI Helen I'm a firm believer in the benefits of cranberry too. I actually am one who likes the taste of cranberry juice. I also take a cranberry capsule daily and almost never have bladder problems
S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2003, 10:28 AM
Cranberry Juice

Hi Helen,
A friend of mine also advised me to drink plenty of cranberry juice before and after the op in order to reduce the risk of infection. I am 11 days post op, with no problems!!
Unread 05-24-2003, 05:53 PM
Cranberry Juice

I learned about Cranberry juice in my late teens when I suffered many many UTIs. My doctor called it honeymoon syndrome or something along those lines. Anyway to prevent UTIs, he told me to drink a glass of cranberry juice cocktail every day which I have done faithfully ever since. He also gave me a few other pointers to avoid UTIs, which help tremendously.

I actually like the taste of Cranberry juice. After the first few months, you dont taste the bitterness anymore and its actually pretty sweet tasting.
Unread 05-24-2003, 06:03 PM
Cranberry Juice

Just a note: Every day of my Castle stay they sent cranberry juice on the tray. I KNEW why it was there and found it funny. Even the kitchen staff was trying to help prevent a UTI from the catheter.
Unread 05-24-2003, 08:40 PM
Cranberry Juice

Well seeing that all I will be able to have Tuesday is clear liquids I went out and got my gallon of cranberry juice. Good thing I like it .
I know it will still be here once I return from the castle as nobody else drinks it in my house.. They just don't know what they are missing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register