Hormone Question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hormone Question Hormone Question

Unread 05-26-2003, 03:20 PM
Hormone Question

Hi, again, I have read a lot about many of you on the patch, or taking hormones. I am and I was post menopausal before the surgery. My doctor said nothing about hormones. I sleep well, and feel pretty good. Should I look into hrt ask my doctor about it? Is it necessary if everything is going ok? If is ain't broke should I fix it?
Thanks for the advise
Yvonne

Ps I can't get the smiley faces, can someone guide me through it, I am computer dumb!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2003, 07:09 PM
Hormone Question

Hi Yvonne --

If you are sleeping well and feel good and are not having any of the other symptoms of menopause (hot flashes, moodiness, etc) there's nothing saying you HAVE to take hrt. You could go ahead and ask your doc about it, just for general information purposes.........or he may be waiting for you to come to him with symptoms before he prescribes hrt. If I didn't have symptoms........I wouldn't take it. Another option you might want to consider is that there are other things that hrt can benefit in your overall health...........such as helping your bones stay strong. So it might be something you want to discuss with your doc just to see what his opinion is, and then consider your options.

As for the smilie faces..........go up there to the top of the page and click on "Control Panel" and then click on "Edit Options". Scroll down to the bottom of the page that comes up and make sure that you have your VB codes turned on (click "yes" for VB codes). You can't get smilies if you don't have yes clicked there. Then, when you are replying to a post or posting a new thread, there should be a little box on the left hand side of your screen with the smilies (it shows a half dozen and at the bottom it says "Get more"........just click on the "get more" to see all of the available smilies). When you are typing your post, click on any of the smilies and it will appear in your message (but when you're typing the message it will appear as : lol : but without the spaces between the letter and the colons.......it'll change to the actual smilie when you click submit).

Hope this helps!! If this doesn't get it email me or send me a PM (just click on either one at the bottom of my post) and I'll be glad to try to help you out.

Take care and good luck!

Ann
TAH/BSO 1/5/01
Unread 05-26-2003, 08:18 PM
Hormone Question

Yvonne,
Please be ure that you are taking calcium. One of the important aspects of hrt is that it protects our bones. I'm not sure of the effects of hrt if you've already been thru menopause. I would discuss these issues with your There's some great information in the pull down menus at www.hormonejungle.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2003, 08:56 PM
Hormone Question

Ladies,
Thank you for the info. Ann, I found the smiley faces, they are so much fun. thanks.
Kim, I will get some calcium tomorrow. How much should I take a day?
You are great people
Yvonne
Unread 05-27-2003, 05:45 AM
Hormone Question

Hi Yvonne --

Glad you found the smiley faces they are fun!!

As for the calcium.........that is something else you might want to ask your doc. At the time of my hyst I was taking one 600 mg Calcium tablet per day and my doc told me to double it.......to take one 600 mg tablet in the a.m. and another one in the p.m. Also you need to make sure that the calcium you buy also has vitamin D in it.........your body won't absorb the calcium without Vitamin D.

There are several different types of calcium available so you might want to ask your doc if he recommends a particular type and how much he thinks you need to take per day.

Take care!!

's

Ann
TAH/BSO 1/5/01
Unread 05-27-2003, 08:33 AM
Hormone Question

Thanks Ann, I will look into that this week, I need to make an appointment anyway for an itching problem
Have a blessed day.
Yvonne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register