My Secret Princess Weapon/Tool | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Secret Princess Weapon/Tool My Secret Princess Weapon/Tool

Unread 05-28-2003, 05:06 AM
My Secret Princess Weapon/Tool

How many out there have little warm fuzzy bodies to keep us laying down? Just curious. I have 3 Chihuahuas (they're like potatoe chips, I'm told). When I lay down on the couch, they are right there finding their perfect spot. It is their FIRM opinion that if a human lays down in this house...it should be a permanent decision or at least long-lasting. I find I hate to move and disrupt them, they look so sweet and cozy. So I give in and lay there, allowing the family to do more than I really would like.

Anyway, that is my secret weapon toward healing even when I feel like wonder woman.

I wish you ladies a painfree day this wonderful Wednesday.

Take care, Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2003, 05:25 AM

Hi Mary!
Yes, furry bodies ARE a good thing! I have 2 cats and they seem to think the same way as your dogs! Pets are great!
Have a wonderful day!
Sue
Unread 05-28-2003, 10:27 AM

I have a mini schnauzer - 11 months old. She insists on being with me all the time, and sometimes steps where she should not and is admonished, but she is SO cozy to snuggle with...and then the three cats sometimes cuddle up, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2003, 10:33 AM

My dog is much bigger than the rest of yours -- a 68-pound mutt who is spending most of his time laying next to me and looks very alarmed when I get up. Usually a bit of a pain about playing with the ball, he spends his day lying quietly, even though he's getting much less exercise than he's used to. But when people come to visit -- watch out! He's explosive with energy.

It's much easier recovering with him -- he doesn't ask anything of me but to just lay close and be petted once in a while. Best company in the world!
Unread 05-28-2003, 11:00 AM
Warm Fuzzy Critters

I have a couple of cats, but neither are into the lap thing. One will occassionally come lay in my lap. The other gets on the back of my recliner once in a while when I'm reclined. They usually sleep on the bed with me, but both have taken to sleeping in the livingroom since I've been home from the castle. That's probably because I'm sleeping in my recliner (way easier to get up out of than off the bed!) and my DH is sleeping on the couch in case I need something in the night.

My 2 dogs are staying outside in the day time and in the garage at night for now. My DH just went back to work yesterday and doesn't want them pestering me with the in-and-out game all day long. But last Sunday, my DH laid blankets and pillows on the grass in the back yard while he was grilling. I was able to go out and lay in the sun and read. Then both dogs came and laid down next to me. It was very relxing! I think all the family critters know something's different with me right now.
Unread 05-28-2003, 01:44 PM

I love my 4 legged kids.. I have 3 cats and two dogs. My female dog absolutly knows something is not right with mom... she has not jumped on me at all. She sits and puts er head on me and if I do not giver the attention she wants she barks at me (that is a new thing) We have had them about a year now. My cats are very snuggly and the youngest one thinks any lap is her lap. If you ask my teenagers they will tell you I love my animals more than them.... hmmmm perhaps they are right... LOL
Unread 05-28-2003, 02:15 PM
Fur babies are wonderful!

I have three dogs~~~a 4 pound Yorkie, a 65 pound Golden Retirever Puppy (6 months), and a 130 pound Newfie.

I was very nervous about coming home. Usually, the dogs are very well mannered, but the puppy can be very exuberant. I was terrified that he would take a flying leap onto my lap.

When I arrived home, they were all very excited, but seemed to know something was different. They were so sweet and gentle! They waited until I was situated on the bed or the couch, then one by one, each would gently creep up and snuggle in. I never needed pillows...they seemed to know which part needed support! I never had to protect myself or worry! I loved it when they would gently nuzzle me, and give teeny, tiny kisses.

At one point, I was sure that I must be having a hot flash...turns out, it was just three VERY warm doggies!

On the downside...lying around for six weeks has made them a bit flabby---kinda like me. I am now able to take them for a walk without fear of being pulled too hard.

I am so glad there are other furry creature lovers out there!

mss
Unread 05-28-2003, 02:49 PM

Yes, those adorable tiny dogs are definitely cuddly. I have two cats and two birds right now. I'm a dog person, but waiting until I get a house (hopefully next year) before I adopt another one.

My cats are the same as your dogs. If I lie down, they settle in around, or on, me. There is plenty of research that has proven petting pets can lower blood pressure. I totally believe it. Mine are very much a comfort during my recovery.

Trish
Unread 05-28-2003, 04:02 PM

I have a Great Dane and and evil, mean-spirited cat. Both have amazed me. I woke up my second day home from the hospital to find the Dane gently sniffing me from my toes to my knees, never came near the tummy. The cat switched sides of the bed and curled up next to me, never fussing when I moved which is like a personality transplant for her! Dh thinks they smell the hospital and feel sorry for me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register