My Latest Update (thursday) No Luck | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Latest Update (thursday) No Luck My Latest Update (thursday) No Luck

Unread 05-29-2003, 04:00 PM
My Latest Update (thursday) No Luck

HELLO, TO ALL WHO HAVE FOLLOWED MY POST AND TO THOSE WHO HAVE GIVEN ME THE BEST OF ADVICE AND HAVE HELPED GIVE ME A SENSE OF DIRECTION.. I HAD AN APPT WITH A DO(OSTEOPATH) DR TODAY. I HAD NO LUCK. HARD TO BELIEVE BUT TRUE. I EXPLAINED TO HER EVERYTHING FROM A-Z. I HAVE DROPPED ANOTHER 2 PDS NOW 108.SHE SAID BEING SHE HAS NEVER HEARD OF THESE SYMPTOMS TO OCCUR A YR AFTER A HYSTER SHE ISNT SURE WHERE TO LINK THIS ALL FROM . I TOLD HER ITS MY BLADDER. AND EXPLAINED THE BIOPSY AND THE IC. SHE SAID SHE WOULD HAVE TO GET ALL MY RECORDS FROM MY URO DR AND ALL OF THE LATEST BLOOD WORK THAT I HAD. I SAID BUT WHAT ABOUT ME NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT BECAUSE OF MY BLADDER.FOOD INFLAMES IT. SHE SAID I CANT DO ANYTHING UNTIL I SEE YOUR RECORD. SIGN A RECORD RELEASE FOR YOUR URO AND WHEN SHE GETS THEM SHE WILL CALL ME. SHE ALSO SAID I THINK YOU MIGHT NEED TO SEE AN ENDOCRINOLOGIST. I AM BESIDE MYSELF. SHE DIDNT EVEN CARE THAT I LEFT THERE KNOWING I CANT GO HOME AND EAT. ON THE WAY HOME I STOPPED BY KFC TO PICK UP CHICKEN FOR MY SON AND HUSBAND.I AM IN NO MOOD TO COOK. AND JUST THE SMELL OF IT MAKES MY MOUTH WATER KNOWING I CANT EAT IT...I AM STUCK STILL.MY INSURANCE IS GOVTMENT INSURANCE AND THERE ARE VERY FEW THAT EXCEPT IT. THATS WHY I DONT GET THE PROPER CARE.WELL THIS IS WHERE I AM AT RIGHT NOW..JUST THOUGHT I WOULD LET YOU ALL KNOW...CHRIS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2003, 06:30 PM

{{{{Chris}}}}
I'm so sorry sweetie. Perhaps this was just a bad doc. I've been to about 25 docs since my hyst and I can count on one hand the ones that truly cared and actually helped me. Please don't give up! There has to be a doc out there that will help you.
Unread 05-29-2003, 07:08 PM

Sorry to hear you're feeling bummed out. I'm not sure what a doctor can do without full information, though. Maybe this is a doctor who can help but she just needs more information. On the other hand, maybe she's not the right doctor for you.

Are you having any luck at all with water and broth? Are you getting enough to sustain you? Does your doctor think your weight loss is serious? I've lost as much as 30 lbs in a month when I've been very ill and that was of course a concern.

If you are in danger you need to go to ER. If not, don't give up your search for help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2003, 10:32 AM

Chris,

I am so sorry that this latest doctor seemed uncaring. I am disappointed that she did not give you any ideas about what you could eat and would just let you go knowing that you are not eating. Sounds like you made the situation clear and she either was not really listening or is not very compassionate.

If was in your situation, I would want compassion and care and at least "here is the preliminary plan until I know more". I don't think I would do well with "I can't do anything until your records arrive" attitude.

Hang in there and don't hesistate to seek further help if you need it. Keep us posted. We care.
Unread 05-30-2003, 10:59 AM

I got down to 101 pounds <yikes>. When you don't feel good you just don't want to eat. When I got down that low I was rushed by ambulance to the hospital to get IV fluids. I had started vomiting bile in the middle of the night 10 days post op from the vvf abdominal repair. Talk about pain vomiting bile every 20 min. with a supra, foley and second incision....anyway....I'm back to about 110 now but I have to FORCE myself to eat....just to survive as I'm rarely hungry.

I'm also a vegetarian so everytime I got thin I'd get pressure from family, friends, doctors about eating animals again. You know what they say about chicken soup....

So hang in there. Try to eat high caloric food. Does ice cream apeal to you. Maybe like a smoothie type drink that has protein in it. Take care thought because it's true if you get too thin your body can't heal as quickly.

I'm still struggling at 4 months post op from the second surgery.
Know your're not alone and we are here for you.

((((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Renee
Unread 05-30-2003, 11:06 AM
thank you kim and michelle and joselle

hi girls, thank you for your concern, as of today friday, i am still hanging in there. i will wait to see whaat the dr is going to do. i wont give up on her just yet. if she doesnt work out i found a nother dr who will accept my insurance. i am not going to give up until i get the answers i am looking for. this dr i went to yesterday gave me no guide line to follow as far a my diet and showed no concern about the fact i am not able to eat or my weight loss. i told her that 108pds is not my normal weight and that i am 30 pds underweight. she just seemed like oh ok. if any thing ...i was looking for help with finding a way to eat until i find out what is totally happening. i am drinkling broth that i made my self from fresh veggies and drinking water. thats it. it is sustaing me. i know if i go to the er they will just give me fluid which i am on now. i am fighting this tooth and nail believe me i will conquer this monster and i will gain control of it where as it wont control me any more. thats my spiritual side which makes me strong.. i will keep you posted.. but as of now i am still hanging on..always chris
Unread 05-30-2003, 12:36 PM

Oh, Chris, I like your attitude. To tell the truth, a doctor who just lets you walk away without giving you anything to hold onto doesn't sound like the most promising possibility. But since you are so limited in who you can choose it's probably best to give her a chance.

I'm glad the broth is OK. Keep thinking of new things to put in. The next step would be to try pureed foods of the kind you are putting in the broth. (Cooked first. one at a time.)

Thinking of you,
Unread 05-30-2003, 10:12 PM

Angeleyes, have you been to the ER yet? Sometimes that's what it takes to get the doctor's attention. That's what I did when I couldn't eat and lost 10 pounds in 5 days(from esophageal problems). They got me in faster for testing and put me on a stronger medication and put me on an iv to get calories into me. I spent a week calling my doctor complaining of my symptoms and having her tell me "don't eat anything that makes your symptoms worse." What was so hard to get everyone to understand was that I couldn't even drink water without my esophagus going into extremely painful spasms. I finally took myself to the ER and that made everyone pay attention and I am now getting the help I need! After two years of suffering off and on, that's what it took for me to get the appropriate care! I know these are different medical problems, but I was in the same situation as you not being able to eat and my body was not dealing with it very well. I was shaky and feeling like I was going to pass out all the time. Hang in there! I'm worried for you. Keep us posted

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register