Oh my gosh - CANCER!?!?! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Oh my gosh - CANCER!?!?! Oh my gosh - CANCER!?!?!

Unread 05-30-2003, 07:18 AM
Oh my gosh - CANCER!?!?!

I had my 4 week post-op check up with my doctor yesterday. First of all, he told me that I look so good he almost didn't recognize me! Maybe I'll get to the good news first - he told me I'm doing fabulous and that I no longer have ANY restrictions. 4 weeks after surgery and I can go back to normal. When he first walked in the room, though, he had a little note that he needed to tell me about. How hard it must be to tell a 25 year old such a thing - the biopsy on my cervix came back and my cervical dysplasia had changed to cancer. I felt myself change colors and didn't know what to think. In the blur, I heard him say that he had to do a pap smear on me and that I would have to continue to get them every four months. That was a shocker! He's optimistic about the fact that we took everything out at such an early stage it most likely hasn't spread, and hopefully won't show up in the future. I'll tell you, though - this is one pap smear that I am on pins and needles waiting for the results of.
CRYSTAL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2003, 07:23 AM
Oh my gosh - CANCER!?!?!

Wow Crystal - you must have felt like he hit in the side of the head with a 2x4! How long do you have to wait for the PAP results?

Congrats on being released so early - I was released 1 day before I was 5 weeks post op. So things are getting back to normal, but I have become so used to not having to do thing that it ***** that I can now *lol*, hard to get back into the swing of things, I still haven't tried mopping, vaccuuming and other strenuous house thing - just don't feel ready yet.

Please keep us up to date on your news!
Unread 05-30-2003, 07:25 AM
Oh my gosh - CANCER!?!?!

Hi Crystal

I've had to wait for news like that on another surgery I had. I ended up taking xanax because I was so upset. I really feel for you and what you are going through.

Since your doctor is optomistic, that is a good sign. Try to think that everything will turn out whatever way God wants it to. It's in His hands. While you are doing that, though, keep up with your recovery. Take walks, drink lots of water, and, yes, still rest once and awhile

You are in my prayers! Sending you a big

Patty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2003, 07:50 AM
Oh my gosh - CANCER!?!?!

Prayers sent your way for comfort from the Father, Crystal!

Unread 05-30-2003, 08:30 AM
Oh my gosh - CANCER!?!?!

Dear Crystal I hope and pray everything works out fine but I have a question what took him so long to give you your results???? Pathology reports are usually within 10 days Good luck to you
Unread 05-30-2003, 08:36 AM
:)

Thanks for all your support, encouragement, and prayers.
And Taz - that's a GOOD question, why DID it take so long for the pathology results????? My doctor probably got them earlier, but waited until now to tell me about it. (?) Like I said, he's very optimistic about this.
Crys
Unread 05-30-2003, 11:18 AM
Oh my gosh - CANCER!?!?!

Another prayer for you! I'm gald your doc sounds upbeat! Think positive!

Kray
Unread 05-30-2003, 04:54 PM
Oh my gosh - CANCER!?!?!

Hi Crystal: I pray your pap result will come soon and it will be normal. I've noticed that I have to wait about 2 weeks to get the results - I hope you don't have to wait that long.

Like Taz, I'm totally freaked as to why it took so long for you to get that pathology results. All the doctors tell me that after your hyst, you get the full report within 4 days, usually before they discharge you. At the time of your discharge, didn't your dr talk to you about your pathology report?

On the bright side, your dr is optomistic and you did have everything removed so that's good. I wonder - if you are very concerned about the cancer, could you have your lymph nodes sampled?

Good luck to you!
Unread 05-30-2003, 04:59 PM
Oh my gosh - CANCER!?!?!

hi crystal,

i can only say i know what you are going through. talk about frightening and the waiting game is one i would prefer not to play. 6 days after my tah my doctor called me at home with the pathology results. despite all of the tests i had been through prior to surgery my endometrial cancer was not found until my surgery. i am seven weeks post and waiting to go for my cat scans and other assorted tests next week. once the results are in i will see an oncologist. my doctor also seems to believe that it was contained and the "we got everything", but since cancer runs in my family i am worried. according to my doctor, i will need to follow up every 4 months for the next 3-5 years. if it were up to me i would follow up every month, but that is just me, being paranoid. i will keep you in my prayers.

lisa
Unread 05-30-2003, 05:18 PM
Oh my gosh - CANCER!?!?!

Waiting for the pathology report is very stressful My pathology report on another surgery I had came back positive and I really wasn't expecting it. I just thought I had a polyp in my bladder and they would take it out boy was I surprised. That was in Jan now I have another one which will be taken out when I have my TAH/BSo soon. My endometrial hyperplasia is also precancer so I will be waiting on pins and needles after my surgery for the pathology reports. My doctors are really optimistic and say that encouraging they tell me if it is cancer it is treatable. Between good doctors and putting it in God's hands I am becoming more positive about my surgery. Wishing you the best. Please keep us posted. I think that reading these posts you'll find many of us know this type of waiting.
Mariann

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register