i found something i can eat!! horrayyyyy! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

i found something i can eat!! horrayyyyy! i found something i can eat!! horrayyyyy!

Unread 05-31-2003, 09:02 AM
i found something i can eat!! horrayyyyy!

just to let all of my post readers know.... i found something i can eat. yesterday my hubby and i went to the store. i didnt feel like going.. just the thought of looking at food in a grocery store and knowing i cant eat it gives me anxiety and a helpless feeling. anyway he felt i neeeded to get out of the house.. but of all places the grocery store!! long story short. i was looking around and i saw muenster cheese(it was a favorite of mine yrs back. but i out grew it. but something drew mw to that cheese!! i said to my hubby god i would love some muenster.he went to the deli and orderd apound of it. i thought well he'll enjoy that cause i cant eat it. and then he picked up some corn tortilias that you make tacos with. and we picked up some other things.we came home and i said i am going to take a chance and try to eat a piece of that muenster cheese. if i get a severe bladder attack the n i get an attack.. how much more worse can it get right?? well, girls i ate the cheese!!!! not one piece but three. i looked at the corn totilias and thought .. ok i am going to take another chance i am going to take a few little nibbles of the totilia and lets see what happens..i did!! and i waited and waited and waited for the monster to kick in( peeing, pain itching etc) well by 9:00 last night ...nothing!!!! no reaction..zip, notta, nothing. i didnt even get up in the middle of the night to pee. its my ritual( at least 4xs a night). i believe in my heart that prayers that have been being said for me are being answered.are4powers prayer request forum i believe has some magic to it. i found a friendly food!! munester cheese. and a few nibbles of tortilia.so now its water, broth, chesse and a little tortilia. progress!!!!!!!!!! i have along way to go.. but this ahs made me happy.. love to all chris p.s. a strong mind will carry you over many oceans
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2003, 09:08 AM

Hi Chris, The power of PRAYER!!! Soooo glad to hear you can eat a little, cheese is a good protein, I have been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there and we both will see light at the end of the tunnel oneday. I am smiling from ear to ear knowing you are getting something in your tummy. Nature1715
Unread 05-31-2003, 10:39 AM

Yay Chris! That is wonderful news! I am so happy that you have found something that you can eat. Woohoo! I do know how it is not to be able to eat alot of things, so I know how truly happy you are to find something that you can tolerate and that you like too! I think I am going to go get me a piece of cheese now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2003, 11:32 AM
THANK YOU NATURE AND KIM

THANKS GIRLS IN SHARING MY JOY..I KNOW IT SOUNDS CRAZY TO BE HAPPY TO EAT SOME CHEESE AND A FEW NIBBLES OF A TORTILIA..BUT IMAGINE JUST STOP EATING AFTER 41 YRS OF EATING.YOU DONT REALIZE IN LIFE WHAT YOU HAVE UNTIL ITS GONE. THE SIMPLE ACT OF NORMALLY EATING COMES NATURAL. WE NEED THAT TO SURVIVE. NO ONE THINKS TWICE ABOUT IT.BUT WHEN YOU CANT IT IS MIND BLOWING AND SCAREY.. ENJOY YOUR CHEESE TOO KIM!! EAT AWAY GIRLFRIEND.......CHRIS
Unread 05-31-2003, 11:37 AM

Chris,
It does not sound crazy to me at all!!! I think that's the crazy part of all this. Occassionally I cheat on my special diet and will eat some foods, like pizza, and oh my I really should videotape me eating. Lots of ooohhs and ahhhhs going on. I do have to pay the price for weeks after, but while I'm eating it there is such enjoyment.

To find something you haven't been able to eat, you actually enjoy, and than to not have a reaction is truly a cause to celebrate!!!! ENJOY!

Unread 05-31-2003, 12:58 PM

BABY SIS I KNEW IT!!! GO READ YOUR PM FROM ME!!!! I LOVE YOU DOLL......
Unread 05-31-2003, 04:29 PM

Oh yummy, (((Chris)))! Now you can make quesadillas... and if you add some hysteritas otion: you have a real party going on! I'm sure you can't have lime juice in those hysteritas, but when I was on 'clear liquids' I found that Lime Ice Gatorade will substitute in a pinch! Ole!!
s,
-Linda
Unread 05-31-2003, 08:06 PM

Well praise God and pass the muenster!!! I am so happy that the prayers being said for you are working. Thanks so much for sharing your good news.

Keep us updated on how you are doing.

Unread 06-01-2003, 01:32 PM

Good for you, Chris. Keep listening to your body and maybe things will keep improving. Just take it slow . . .
Unread 06-01-2003, 05:14 PM

That's wonderful Chris. Lets get some weight on you so you can heal.
Renee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register