WHO's THE PRINCESS HERE? Hubbie home with pulled "hammie". | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

WHO's THE PRINCESS HERE? Hubbie home with pulled "hammie". WHO's THE PRINCESS HERE? Hubbie home with pulled "hammie".

Unread 06-02-2003, 11:24 AM
WHO's THE PRINCESS HERE? Hubbie home with pulled "hammie".

My surgury for TVH (kept ovaries) was on the 21st of May. My mom was able to come and help out with my kids ( 2yr/4yr AND 30yr DH too) but had to go home on Sunday. My husband came home last night with a pulled hamstring (plays on city league baseball team) and is having a horrible time getting around! This is rediculous, he's raining on my Princess Parade and I'm so bitter!!! I want my mommy back! I"m not ready to share my reign as Princess here with my husband!

By the way- how much spotting is to much spotting almost 2 wks post-op? I have my 2 wk appt. tomorrow, but have been spotting now more heavily over the past couple of days. Still have the bladder infection, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not, and now my vaginal area is experiencing some "piercing" kinds of pain! Should I just wait til' tomorrow, or call?

Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2003, 11:35 AM

((((Melissa)))))))))),

If you are concerned about the spotting please call your dr or his nurse. Your fees that you are paying are for post op care also!!!
So whenever you have a medical concern call !!!!!!

I would suggest to ask for his nurse tho. You will get thru to her much faster and she will ask the dr if she doesn't have an answer.

Are you overdoing? That sometimes makes the spotting heavier.

Pamcat
Unread 06-02-2003, 12:44 PM

Are you overdoing it now that Mom has gone home and hubby thinks he is a princess now?

I bled for about 4 weeks, using full sized pads (would last the day but were usually filled) from the time I got home from the castle. It was like I was having a light period for 4 weeks.... At about 5 weeks I could use a panty liner and now at 6 weeks I have nothing but a little 'regular' discharge.

I didn't think it was ever going to end either! But it will. Just remember if it is accompianied by bad cramps, fever, is bright red or soaks a pad in an hour - SEE YOUR DOCTOR.

I have read many places that this bleeding can normally last 4-6 weeks.

As for hubby, tell him to take some Advil and get over it. Men are such babies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2003, 12:54 PM
YUP

Hubbie is not getting any sympathy from me and is nicely folding laundry on the bed! Thank you ladies, I'm still going to do just as I did when my mom was here and see what happens!
Unread 06-02-2003, 01:10 PM

You go Girl!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register