Tuesday(still No Call From Do Dr And Horray Again For Friendly Food | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tuesday(still No Call From Do Dr And Horray Again For Friendly Food Tuesday(still No Call From Do Dr And Horray Again For Friendly Food

Unread 06-03-2003, 10:23 AM
Tuesday(still No Call From Do Dr And Horray Again For Friendly Food

HELLO, TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE GIVEN ME GREAT SUPPORT!! WELL ITS TUESDAY JUNE 3RD AND STILL NO CALL FROM THE DO DR THAT I SAW LAST WEEK. I WENT BACK TO HER OFFICE YESTERDAY(MONDAY) SHE HAD ORDERD AN ULTRA SOUND OF MY OVARY AND PELVIS TO SEE IF I HAD ADEHESIONS AND IF THAT COULD BE CAUSING THE BLADDER INFLAMMATION. AFTER THE ULTRSOUND THE TECH SAID I WILL GET THE DR TO COME AND TALK TO YOU ABOUT THE RESULTS. I SAID OK AND WAITED. THE TECH SAID SHE ALWAYS TALKS TO HER PATIENCE RIGHT AFTER A ULTR SOUND PROCEDURE. WELL THE TECH COMES BACK AND SAID THE DR SAID SHE IS TOO BUSY TO TALK TO YOU AND SHE WILL CALL YOU TOMORROW AND SHE HAS AN EMERGENCY C-SETION. I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION DO DRS DONT PERFORM SURGERY. ANYWAY. I WAS DIGUSTED WITH THAT ANSWER FROM THE TECH. I THOUGHT HERE I AM NOT ABLE TO EAT A MEAL LOST TONS OF WEIGHT AND STILL LOSING AND THIS DR ISNT CONCERNED? SHE COULDNT TAKE TWO MINS. JUST TO GLANCE AT MY ULTRA SOUND AND SAY NO ADHESIONS. AT LEAST THAT WOULD OF GIVEN ME AN ANSWER THAT, THAT IS NOT MY PROBLEM TOO ON TOP OF THE BLADDER THING.A LITTLE RELIEF. NOW HERE IT IS 12;00 NOON. I CALLED HER 3 HRS AGO FOR MY RESULTS AND STILL NO CALL BACK. SHE DIIDNT EVEN CALL THIS MORNING.I CALLED HER . I AM SCHEDULED TO SEE A NEW URO/GYN DR AN HOUR FROM WHERE I LIVE ON THURSDAY. MAYBE JUST MAYBE I WILL GET THE HELP I NEED. WELL THATS WHERE I AM RIGHT NOW WITH ALL OF THAT . AND FOR THE GOOD NEWS. I FOUND I CAN EAT A LITTLE PLAIN TUNA(RINSED WELL) AND A LITTLE SALAD WITH JUST OLIVE OIL. YIPPEE!!! SO I HAVE A LITTLE MENU TO CHOOSE FROM NOW GIRLS. MUNESTER CHEESE, BROTH,WATER CORN TORTILIA,SALAD AND TUNA, I STILL PEE LIKE CRAZY AND HAVE THE ITCHING ETC.. BUT THE ITCHING ISNT AS SEVERE SO THATS A GOOD SIGN.. I AM GIVING IT HECK AND OH THE MIRACLES IN THE POWER OF PRAYER ARE ASTONISHING!! I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHATS UP WITH THIS DO LADY.. AT THIS POINT I AM NOT EVEN REFERING TO HER AS A DR.. I AM MAD!!LOL..ALWAYS CHRIS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2003, 10:48 AM

Chris , I am so sorry you are going through the stress of trying to find the right Doctor,you know I am praying for you and I will continue to pray that God will give you his complete healing and lead you to a doctor that can help you.

Quote:
AND FOR THE GOOD NEWS. I FOUND I CAN EAT A LITTLE PLAIN TUNA(RINSED WELL) AND A LITTLE SALAD WITH JUST OLIVE OIL. YIPPEE!!! SO I HAVE A LITTLE MENU TO CHOOSE FROM NOW GIRLS. MUNESTER CHEESE, BROTH,WATER CORN TORTILIA,SALAD AND TUNA,
This is wonderful news, God is truly blessing and laying his hands on you.

s God Blessings
Unread 06-03-2003, 10:51 AM

Well atleast your menu is getting larger.

Thinking of you.

Renee<still UTI free????>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2003, 11:56 AM

Hey Chris

Oh you poor thing- try and stay calm as hard as that is. These Dr's are unbelievable aren't they- and you are right, she could have taken 2 minutes to put your mind at ease!

Glad you can enjoy some tuna- and that is a good for you too!! Please rest and hope you feel better soon!!
Unread 06-03-2003, 12:06 PM

Hi Chris!!

I am going through a similar problem that I just posted about. I am so sorry that she has not called you yet. Sometimes I wounder if they all just stand around and shoot the you know what half of the day!! I REALLY hope that she calls soon!! Just to let you know, I had a pelvic and vaginal ultrasound done before my lap and it did not show the adhesions that he saw when he LOOKED inside during the lap. SO, dont rely 100% on the US..

I am so happy that your food menu is growing!! I was really worrying about you not eating! I guess it is just a trial and error game!

Please take care and let us know what the PERSON (the one that you dont refer to as a DR ) says when she calls!

Unread 06-03-2003, 12:51 PM
THANK YOU GIRLS

THANK YOU GIRLS FOR REPLYING AND FOR CARING.INSPIRATION HELPS SO MUCH. THE DO LADY STILL HASNT CALLED!!!!!!!! AND ITS GETTING LATER IN THE DAY!!(DEEP BREATH CHRIS)!! OK... NOW THAT I DID THAT...YOU GIRLS ARE GREAT.. THANKS AGAIN...ALWAYS CHRIS
Unread 06-03-2003, 02:22 PM

Chris,
I would give the the doc a call back. I sometimes wonder if they get our messages. Doctors are very busy as are the staff and sometimes the staff is lacking. My Osteo doc recently let one of her staff go and I found out that the doc wasn't getting my messages when I called and left them with her. Sometimes you do have to be persistant.

Yes, some D.O.s are surgical d.o.s. D.O.s are like regular doctors in that they may each have their own specialty and as yours is an ob/gyn I would imagine that she may do surgery.

If you feel you're being neglected I think you should tell the doctor. I chatted with my Osteo doc about her not returning my call and that is when I found out that she wasn't getting the messages. I have called other times and she did return the calls, so there can be many factors.

I've had the same experience with my G.S., some calls got returned, some didn't. Those that didn't *I* should've called back and made another request.

I'm glad that you've been able to add a few more foods to your diet. Yay! You may also want to consult with a G.I. doc. I think that's another thing I've learned, one cannot have too many doctors.
Unread 06-03-2003, 05:02 PM
gi dr is my next step kim

thanks kim, my next step is a gi dr. i have been putting that one off forever. since my hyster last yr my upper stomach has been messed up as well.oh well,i mine as well spill all the beans now..its not just the bladder itself... i think i have a little bit of this and a little bit of that since my surgery.. my gosh i am starting to sound like a recipe!! thanks again kim..always chris
Unread 06-04-2003, 09:15 AM

Why are we all having problems since hysterectomy? I am thinking for me it's because I had the two surgeries (the vvf fixed) in such a short period of time.

I have stomach problems too that I NEVER had before. I am still on the RX for my stomach after I went to the ER by ambulance 10 days post op from the repair surgery. The doctor (uro) said it was because of the stress I was/am under with the surgeries and the "complications."

Right now I feel sick to my stomach. A bit clogged (constipated) I guess from all the meds and I'm still on stool softners but I didn't have my usual food laxative last night before bed...which is either Kashi cereal or popcorn. Works like a charm....but last night I was bad and had apple pie and ice cream.

Hope you get some answers today....I think you should call again if they haven't called you back yet.

Rest everyone.
Renee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register