Update - May be surgery bound | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Update - May be surgery bound Update - May be surgery bound

Unread 06-03-2003, 01:12 PM
Update - May be surgery bound

I visited by internist yesterday. He felt I needed to see gyn and said that adhesions could be the culprit. He had be go get a back x-ray to see if there could be a problem with my back.

I went to my gyn's partner this morning. He was very nice and explained things to me. He said that based on my history there was good possibility that I had adhesions. He also said it could be endometriosis. He asked me if I could live with this. I told him that it was getting harder and harder to. He said that adhesions usually develop around 2-3 years. He said that is up to me what to do. He said that they could go in laprascopically and take care of the adhesions and check around for endo. He said that if there were adhesions on the remaining ovary that I would have to get it removed. The down part of it is that the adhesions could come back. There are not guarantee. He said that there was 20-50% chance of reoccurence. He said that they would your Intercede (sounds like a bug spray - I may be spelling it wrong!). I asked him if he could just put a zipper on there and I can come get an oil and lube job each year. I don't know what to do. I am in pain. My back is killing me. It seems to not be as bad when the bowels are working right. The doctor could feel my bowel and rectum not moving. He said that there was no give. It was such a delightful experience! I don't know what to do. He said that they would find something. I could have temporary relief or stay just tolerate the pain. Oh, and to make things worse, I can ONLY take Tylenol. I have acid-reflux and indigestion and can't take any other drugs. I am on Acidphex for that too.

I greatly appreciate your listening to me. I don't know what to do now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2003, 04:56 PM
Update - May be surgery bound

I think you know what to do, Dara. I'm sorry you're feeling like you don't, but I do believe things will become clear to you very soon. Good luck!
Unread 06-03-2003, 05:29 PM
(((( Dara )))))

I just had a laparoscopy 4 1/2 weeks ago, and the gyn removed adhesions. I was in so much pain before that, I could not stand it, and did not want to live with it... When he got in there, he saw I had adhesions involving the colon. Basically it was stuck to my abdominal wall... So he removed the adhesions. He told me that there is a chance of re-currance, but I had a better chance of not having it since I only had to have a laparoscopy, and not a big incision. He told me that adhesions if they develop, will most likely do so within the first 8 weeks after the procedure. I can tell you, so far so good... NO MORE PAIN!!!! and the recovery was not to bad either. It took an hour, I was home in two more hours, rested, drank, rested, drank... Was back to work after a week.

I dont understand why they would have to remove your ovary if there are adhesions there, unless it is comprimised in some way??? Especially if they use the Interceed. But I am no doc, so I dont know...

For me personally, it was worth the risk of redevelopment. Each person is different, and you will know what is best for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register