Just need a hug and to Vent. (long) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just need a hug and to Vent. (long) Just need a hug and to Vent. (long)

Unread 06-04-2003, 02:53 PM
Just need a hug and to Vent. (long)

I am 1 week post op from my bladder sling adjustment/scar removal surgery, and am having a bad day... I was doing well, just tired... I went back to work Monday, and I think the sitting, and getting up, walking all over the office, has caused me to feel like crud today... I am exhausted, and my lower region feels as if someone scrubbed me with sandpaper... I can barely sit. So I told my boss this morning that I would not last the day in the office, I would continue to work from home the rest of the day... The conversation was good in the beginning, (he has been great through my surgeries and time off - I'm also 4 weeks post op Laparoscopy) but he said to me that he was beginning to get frustrated because of my lack of "presence". Well I left and fell apart... I have given more than 100% to him and the company. I dont have to work right now if I'm not comfortable with it per my DOCTOR. So after much discussion and tears with my dh, I sent my boss and email about how I am concerned that I am being forced to be at the office when I feel so yucky, and I can work from home and still keep my stuff moving . blah, blah, blah... I asked him to let me know if he wanted a doctors note to that affect.... I copied HR. It broke my heart, because he is a really good friend and except for this, he has been understanding... Was I wrong??? I felt I had to protect myself and him, incase he was getting grief from others about my lack of presence. I didnt want anyone to think he was playing favorites. Anyway he called me at home in shock! Explained that he was really more concerned about me personally, than the "job". And to see where I was coming from. That made me feel good. He cannot afford to lose me. But I am too stressed to deal with political bs right now... We then joked about how long it would take HR to come talk to him and say "What the heck?" . I guess I'll deal with that tomorrow, if I go in....

I'm waiting for a call back from the doc's office to see what I should be doing about this sandpaper feeling. I took a pain pill, which seems to have helped.. But I'm sure that is not the only thing I can be doing...

Thanks for listening to my long droan.... to you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2003, 03:39 PM

(((((Susie Q))))) please don't go in to the office tomorrow! You are only one week post op. I know it's not as big a surgery as the hyst, but it's still surgery, and I'm sure you have a lot of swelling in there. Sitting at a desk has got to be uncomfortable! I really do think that if you take it easy a while longer, you will bounce back better in the long run.

I'm glad to hear your boss called you at home and explained his concern. I hope you don't feel guilty about not being able to go into the office, I think you are already giving 110% by offering to work at home during your recovery.

We all have our good and bad days when recovering from surgery... maybe it's time for you to take a little time today. Hang in there!

s,
-Linda
Unread 06-04-2003, 07:41 PM
Update

Well not to worry I will NOT be going to the office for the rest of the week... Doctors orders! He called me back and wants to see me tomorrow, to make sure there is no infection of any sort developing... And said I can do some work, but it has to be at home, NOT in the office... "Too much too soon, perhaps" So he wants me to go back on the pain meds and add motrin to my darvocet, rest breaks of laying, and 5 minute witch hazel sitz baths every 3-4 hours, and to lounge without undies if possible.

I immediately called my boss, and informed him I would be working under these conditions. I believe I would have a problem lounging around the office without pants on... My boss was totally fine with this... And HR did ask him what he possibly said that made me so formal.... So he told her it was ok to put it in my file, but we were not going to make an issue out of it, unless something happens where I will be delayed for awhile getting back to the office.. Then we would go through the FMLA stuff, but for now it is not necessary. We are on the same wavelength again. And he again apologized big time for what happend, and that he did not allow enough time to talk about it in the morning...

Anyway, I feel much better working at home right now, even with no pants... It is much easier on my nerves at this time. Thanks for the hugs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2003, 07:29 AM

Susie,
That's great that your employer is being very understanding. You did have 2 surgeries in a short period of time. You need to After I had my lap last November my employer made me feel guilty and I went back to work too soon. It was very painful, there was no way I should've been at the office.

Let us know how the doc appt goes.
Unread 06-05-2003, 03:52 PM
Snifffff Sniffff..

Well I went to the doc.... Got more than I expected.... I was retaining again.. , not as bas as pre-surgery, but more than they would like to see... So he did another one of those Dilations of the urethra, more like wripping.... . This one hurt especially since the tissue's were still tender from the surgery last week. He thinks I also have a really bad yeast infection, so he gave me something for that... And I have to go back on Monday to see about the retention thing again, and may need another dilation... I hope not.... I thought I could just sit back and heal at this point.... But I guess not for me! I am working when I feel up to it, from home, and my boss is totally fine with it... So that is the update for now... I need to go lay down and rest some now.... My bladder is ready to empty, and the local has wore off... So it is gonna feel like glass coming out.... Thanks for listening.
Unread 06-05-2003, 04:56 PM

(((((Susie)))))

-Linda
Unread 06-06-2003, 06:58 AM

I am so sorry that you have been through so much Susie!!

You really do need to rest and not worry about getting back to work right now!! Have your Dr fax something if things change and your boss begins to question you at all! It seems like he is really understanding right now, but we all know that men can only understand so much and then it gets to be too much..

Take it easy and you need it!! I will pray that everything from here on out goes better!!
Unread 06-06-2003, 02:01 PM

((((Susie))))) I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time... just when you thought you were on your way off the road.

((((sweetie))))) I hope this is just a minor set back... a bump in the road... and the off-ramp is just around the bend.

Lots of s, sweetie.
Unread 06-06-2003, 05:48 PM

Awww sistah!! I've been trying to reply to you for a couple of days, but I've had problems loggin in to the site. :burning: Thanks for your reply to my post about being tired, and I missed you too!

Anyways...I remember your boss being really good about letting you work from home before (even though I still think you started back too soon whether it was at home or not, lol). Maybe he was just having one of those momentary lapses that men have, you know, the ones that happen every few minutes or so? tee hee

You know I'm always here if ya need me, haven't been on AIM much lately but I'll try to remember to log on when I'm online in case you are around. Sorry you have been through all this in such a short time, I know whereof you speak. Hopefully things will get better for both of us sometime soon.

See ya later sistah!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register