I walked for you... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I walked for you... I walked for you...

Unread 06-09-2003, 10:51 AM
I walked for you...

Saturday and Sunday was our local Relay for Life. I had my own team "Angels Among Us." My team, which was the only one sponsored by a family (as opposed to a business), won the team spirit award. We raised over $3500 for cancer research.

The Relay was a very emotional experience. My husband walked the Survivor Lap with he...he has been my rock throughout this. My family, including my dad, were all there to cheer me on. My kids gave up their soccer games to be there with me .

We lost my mom to endometrial cancer last year, so we remembered her and all of our loved ones during the Luminary Ceremony. It was very beautiful.

As I walked, I thought about all of my Hyster Sisters. Hats off to you, Sister Survivors!!

Together we can make it through this journey...

Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2003, 11:37 AM
THANK YOU!!!!!!

Thank you for the walk. I am glad that you felt well enough to do it. It sounded like you had fun. I havent heard of one around here, TN. Would like to participate. Take care and God Bless
Unread 06-09-2003, 11:43 AM
I walked for you...

So glad you could participate in the survivor's Lap. Our local Walk is this Fri evening. I too am looking forward to going. Our team is also a group of interested and supportive persons not sponsored by a business either. The team's spirit really helps.

I will also think of all my cancer sisters while I walk.

Thanks for the report and keep up the good work.

Ruth S

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2003, 12:19 PM
I walked for you...

Hi Linda

Sounds like a very emotional day. Good for you for getting out and doing it while in the midst of your chemo.
Isn't it great knowing how much you are loved? To me, that's been the best positive of having cancer.

karenann
Unread 06-09-2003, 03:19 PM
I walked for you...

Thanks for walking for me! The 5th Annual Ovarian Cancer Walk/Run here in Southern California will take place September 7th. I'm hoping to go, provided I don't have treatment that week. If anyone lives around here and is interested, check out www.ovariancancercalifornia.com, or call 800-500-1877.
Unread 06-09-2003, 10:06 PM
I walked for you...

Thank you for walking, Linda, and congratulations on winning the Team Spirit Award!

It sounds like you've got a wonderful, supportive family. You're right, we'll make it through this journey together.

God bless.
Unread 06-10-2003, 07:57 AM
thank you

Linda, hats off to you, too. What an awesome experience that must have been.
Unread 06-10-2003, 12:01 PM
I walked for you...

Linda....THANK YOU for walking for me all the other survivors!!!

Just reading your post I was starting to swell with tears so I can only imagine what it was like to be there in person.

Last year I did the cancer walk here on Long Island. It was also a very emotional time.

Hip Hip Horray!!

Rosalie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register