Pap results back.... Good but not good enough | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pap results back.... Good but not good enough Pap results back.... Good but not good enough

Unread 06-09-2003, 03:30 PM
Pap results back.... Good but not good enough

My pap results are back. They basicly say cellular change propbably due to radiation. Or at least that is what I understood her to say. But she still wants to look a little closer with a microscope and take some biopsies just to make sure.

I guess I should be happy that the doctor wants to make sure everything is okay, but still..... I am scared. I just cant shake the feeling that it may be something more.

BTW this will be the first time that I have had this done is it normal for them to knock you out to do this or is it because I have had radiation and a little tighter than normal?

It will be done on June 19, bummer 10 more days of waiting. I am a nervous wreck. Also what really has me bummed is today is my wedding anniversary, and to get this news on top of it plus the waiting to find out the results. I am going to have a couple of strawberry daquaries tonite, just to quell the anguish.

AAACCCKKK

PS. I got my tickets to the survivors day in Nasville, get to watch the Predators do their draft picks as well (all in one) I just hope I will feel like going on the June 21st being my doc is doing the biopsy on the 19th
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2003, 05:13 PM
Hang In There

It sounds as if you have a very good doctor who is extra thorough and cautious. It'll be a scary time until you get the results but we all have to remember that staying on top of things is important and that knowledge gives us power. Here's hoping the results are all OK. Ellen
Unread 06-09-2003, 06:02 PM
Sparse Cellularity

A while after completing my treatment for endometrial cancer which included internal and external radiation, I had a pap come back saying they were unable to read it due to "sparse cellularity." My gyn-onc redid the pap and the next one came back within normal limits. I recall he said there were cellular changes due to the radiation (and probably lack of hormones from surgically-induced menopause).

Waiting for test results is the worst part of the cancer process; I think even worse than the actual treatment. When I think of all the anxiety-filled days and nights I spent over the years waiting and worrying unnecessarily about test results, it is unbelievable! Is there any possibility you can be wait-listed for a cancellation that might move the test up? I learned after a while to do everything humanly possible to cut down waiting time.

Good luck--

MoeKay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2003, 07:44 PM

Waiting is very hard. Soon you will know the answer. Hang in there. It sounds like you are in very good hands.

Ruth S
Unread 06-09-2003, 07:55 PM

s Jane

Hang in there!!! Hopefully the news will be good after the biopsy.
In the meantime, know you have alot of good friends here who understand the anxiety of the wait.

karenann
Unread 06-09-2003, 08:10 PM

So sorry that you have to go through the waiting. It does sound like you have a good doctor who is being extra cautious. Hang in there!
Unread 06-09-2003, 09:26 PM

Thank you so much for updating us. I was thinking of you and hoping everything would work out well for you. Sounds like you're half-way there and that you've got a very thorough doctor. Here's to serene days ahead...
Unread 06-10-2003, 07:28 AM
Thank you all for your replies

I just guess I will be counting the days down till biopsy day. Today is 9 days til biopsy. Don't worry I won't bore you with my count down but WHEN I get the results I will let you know.

I guess the hardest thing is I didn't have to wait on the surgery, but ever since then it has been nothing but a waiting game. It was almost 2months before I started chemo and radiation, whereas it seemed like most of everyone I know started their chemo and/or radiation at the most 3-4 weeks after surgery.

But, I guess the thing that has me worried the most is being unconcisous (sp). I don't think that they normally do that for a colposcopy do they??? But, the doctor was like "I do it this way all the time." ???WHY???

I guess that I just need to put it in Gods hands and let him deal with it. But, I have been a bad girl lately by not going to church, but I felt being with my dh and son were more important. In my quiet time when I am alone I spent it with God.

I am just scared, more scared than I have ever been with this *&(*&&%^# Cancer. I hate it, I hate what it has done to me. I hate what it has done to any and everyone. I am just so frustrated that I cant go a day with out being reminded that I have or have had cancer.

Sorry for rambling, just felt better letting it out. I is like if I would really let myself cry I would cry a river. But what would that do? Absolutely nothing except give me very puffy eyes and an extreamely wet carpet.

Thanks for letting me vent
Unread 06-10-2003, 06:57 PM
Oh Jane....

I know how terrible waiting is. Just be glad that the Dr is extra cautious, it's better to find out earlier than later.

I also feel for you about being scared. We all get that way, from one time to another. It's wonderful to be able to vent to people who totally understand what you are going through, and how you feel. I know it has helped me in the past.

Just remember, we are all praying for you, and pulling for you. Vent anytime, we are here to listen to you.

's & ers to you...
Unread 06-11-2003, 06:20 AM
Thank you Tammy

Some days I feel so alone in this dance with cancer. My dh is okay but when it comes to this cancer thing he puts up a wall, I know he doesnt mean to, but I can feel it just the same.

That is one reason that I don't make him go to the dr. appts, or even this thing with being under anes. I will have some one to be able to get in contact with him, but I am not going to make him go.

It is too stressful for me to try to convince him to go, and I just know that it is too stressful for him too. I let him know when it is, and how everything is arranged, and let him make the decisions when he wants to.

But again Thank you all for all your replies, it helps me more than you could know

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register