Severe dysplasia treatment with Trichloracetic Acid? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Severe dysplasia treatment with Trichloracetic Acid? Severe dysplasia treatment with Trichloracetic Acid?

Unread 06-23-2003, 09:26 PM
HI zzebrownzz

Hi,
I guess today you had your conization. I hope it went well for you. I too recently had one. I had mine last week on Weds. the 18th. Here I am 5 days later and wanting my results but they wont give them to me until I go back July 8th. or unless I have a problem before then. I was never offered your treatment either and re-searched for a week straight before I had mine done. So I havent even seen or heard of it. My doctor said that I had CINIII and a conization might cure it if the biopsy comes back showing clear margins. Mine was in my cervical canal as well. He said that I may have a 2nd cone if it comes back not clear, or that I can choose the hysterectomy. I told him before he preformed the cone to take as much of the cervix as he could as I already have children. I will opt for the hysterectomy before a 2nd cone. Just would rather be done with it as the dysplasia can always come back. Have read posts from alot of women and the average I read for their re-occurance seems to me to be about 10 yrs. Let us know how your results come back and I will do the same. I will be praying for both of us. Email me if you have any questions about the cone. Good luck, Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2003, 09:30 PM
Hi again zzebrownzz

My email addy is <admin snip of email address for privacy/safety>
forgot to put it in there sorry!
Unread 06-24-2003, 09:02 AM
Got the results back from my cone today!

Brown,
Just got the results back from my cone procedure today. The margins were clear, which means he got all of the bad cells. And my ECC was negative. I hope you will get good news after your cone as well. Take care Im pulling and praying for you!
Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2003, 11:47 AM
Glad to hear your margins were clear!

Carol,

I'm so glad you got your results and all is o.k. I had my conization done yesterday and I'm supposed to get my results on the 6/26/03. I hope I am as fortunate as you. I'll let you know. Also, your e-mail address was blocked out so I never did get it. Good luck to you in the future!
Unread 06-24-2003, 04:56 PM
Hi Brown

I will check my options and put yes for my email address in my profile so check and you should find it there. If you have any questions you can email me. Alot of my after effects from the cone has started to subside today. Glad it went well for you. I know you are glad its over. I'll be praying your results are good ones!
Unread 06-25-2003, 04:37 PM
Clear Margins!

I got my results today from my 6/23/03 conization for CIN III. The margins are clear and the ECC was negative! The operation was so much easier than I anticipated and I feel good 2 days later. Thanks to all my "sisters" who gave me encouragement, advice, prayers and just plain old sisterly love! If anyone is having a conization, please feel free to e mail me with any questions and I would be happy to tell you about my experience. Thanks again to everyone!
Unread 06-25-2003, 07:18 PM
Severe dysplasia treatment with Trichloracetic Acid?

Many congratulations! That is wonderful news! :-)
Unread 06-25-2003, 07:54 PM
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elin,
CONGRATS to you on your good report. I am sooooo happy for you! We will keep in touch and go through this together! Hang in there with me! Hugs! Carol
Unread 06-25-2003, 07:55 PM
Severe dysplasia treatment with Trichloracetic Acid?

Hi, I too had severe dysplasia, they done a leep procedure on me and it got all of it.The Gyn said they do the leep to find out how deep the dysplasia has gone (into cervix) luckily mine hadn't and they were able to get all of the dysplasia . Since that however I now have endometerosis and in 5 days will be having a TAH. I'm 29 years old. I would love to hear back from you on how you are doing .
Unread 06-25-2003, 08:08 PM
Hi Grace!

Grace,
I had CINIII and they did the cone procedure on me on last Weds. the 18th. I just got my results yesterday and all margins were clear. With a negative ECC. Havent had a need for the hysterectomy yet, but if this comes back that is the route I will choose. I hope you do well and I wish for you good health. Please come back and let us know how you are doing!
Carol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register