((((((Rosalie)))))) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

((((((Rosalie)))))) ((((((Rosalie))))))

Unread 06-12-2003, 07:37 AM
((((((Rosalie))))))

A big THANK YOU to everyone. I was so confused and upset yesterday that I did not even notice that this thread was going on.

My cat scan was supposed to be tomorrow but I was able to get in today instead. I had to take my mom to the radiologist at 7:30 this morning (she was having an upper GI and stomach sonogram done) so while I was there I asked if they had anything open for this morning. I knew NOT to eat anything so I went and took a chance. As it turned out they had a cancellation for this afternoon so I took it. Went home, had some breakfast, put the "yummy" drink in the fridge and will now do the 6 hour fast.

At least I will get the results by tomorrow instead of waiting the weekend.

After settling down and thinking the whole thing thru rationally, I am hoping that this just a quirk in the land of cancer and if something is brewing, at least it is being caught very very early.

Siren, this may sound silly to you but my doc did ask if I was taking any vitamins or natural herbs since the last ca125, which was in Feb and the number was 12. The only thing I was doing different since then was taking the three mushroom complex. I know that they are good and healthy and antioxidents, but maybe they thru the number off...She said that sometimes too many vitamins can make numbers go haywire.

Karen, I am aware of the PET scan. My friends husband just had that for lymphoma. I will stay with the cat scan right now and see what happens.

Will post later if any news is available.

Thanks again to everyone!! You girls are much more support than my husband will ever be.

Rosalie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2003, 08:19 AM
Fingers & Toes Crossed

Hi, Rosalie,

I'm keeping my fingers, toes, and the rest of my body crossed (I do yoga, so this is physically possible) that you hear only good news tomorrow. I'm so glad that you were able to move up you CT scan and that you won't have to go the weekend wondering. I've made this suggestion on a number of occasions when I sense that women are experiencing anxiety waiting for tests, but I haven't seemed to get much of a response, and the women seem resigned to wait for appointments in the distant future. I would not feel so strongly about this if I had not read several books where doctors who are diagnosed with cancer (or their family members) are able to get immediate testing and obtain immediate test results. Congratulations to you on your proactive stance. You have likely saved yourself a weekend of worrying!

Although I had endometrial cancer, I also remember how concerned I was when my CA-125 used to monitor for recurrences for me, went from 8 to 14 from one test to the next. A retest months later was still at 14, and after 2 years, my gyn-onc stopped doing the test (that was 2 years ago).

All the best to you; everything will remained crossed until you report perfectly normal results.

MoeKay
Unread 06-12-2003, 09:00 AM
((((((Rosalie))))))

I am glad that you was able to get the scan moved up. I will pray that it is nothing but clear. And cross anybody part that I am able to. I do hope that the mushroom complex you were taking is what threw you CA-125 off.

I also know what you mean about all the SISTERS here are more supportive than our Better-halfs will ever be. At least all of us here have "Been there". I believe, at least with my dh, they are too scared and want to keep that from us. I am sure that they care, and dont want to loose us and that is why they try to keep a distance from the "C" word.

Love and Prayers coming your way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2003, 09:36 AM
((((((Rosalie))))))

Rosalie,

I am so glad that you were able to get the scan early. Hopefully, this is just a scare and you will have good news coming.
Unread 06-12-2003, 11:23 AM
((((((Rosalie))))))

Hi, Rosalie!

So sorry you have to drink barium (shudder!) but so happy that you will get results so soon! As MoeKay said, it's great that you were proactive about this.

What you said didn't sound silly to me at all. :-) I'm now going to ask my doctor what he thinks about supplements and such throwing numbers off. No one had mentioned that to me, so I will now research it. I have found that some doctors have more knowledge about supplements than others, but there are definitely gaps in my own knowledge that I need to fill. Of course, I hope that the supplements were what threw your counts off! If that is the case, I will feel sad for the worry it caused you (and all of us). :-)

We'll be praying for you while we all wait for your results. s!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register