A question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-11-2003, 05:49 PM
A question

Ok well I finally went to the doc. Then I had to go for ultrasounds. Seems since they did not take it all the 1st time I have a whole bunch of cysts on my ovaries. So since that is the only thing left, do they just get rid of the cysts somehow or would they take out my ovaries. ANy input would be appreciated. ALso I had to have a c-125 test what exactly is it.
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2003, 06:39 PM
A question

Heather,
It may depend on where the cysts are and how big they are and what your doctor thinks and your age. As you can see there can be many factors that play into this decision. Have you asked your doctor what his/her plans are?

Before I had my hyst I supposedly had my right ovary removed, I had developed cysts on the left ovary and the doc was most adamant about me retaining the ovary, mainly I think because of my age. The cyst was removed and I kept the ovary.

Good luck! Do let us know how you're doing and what the says.
Unread 06-12-2003, 06:36 AM
A question

I am so sorry to hear about the cysts.. I had PCOS so I can relate to them OH too well!!

Kim is right, there are ALOT of factors that will lead to the decision. I had to battle to have my left ovary removed and I was 31. Even though they both were full of cysts, he wanted to leave one for hormone purposes but I always had messed up hormones anyway and BOTH ovaries were the size of softballs..Come to find out afterwards, someone up there was helping me out because they were BOTH pre-cancerous.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do. I will keep you in my prayers!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register