I am going to take my clothes off. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am going to take my clothes off. I am going to take my clothes off.

Unread 06-11-2003, 09:00 PM
I am going to take my clothes off.

I am so sick of sweating. I guess I'm having hot flashes. It's just that I have NO tolerance to heat of any kind. I go to a meeting, get a little nervous and break out into an uncontrollable sweat. I cook dinner with my head in the freezer, and I'm still sweating. Everyone in my family is freezing to death. It's just awful, awful, awful. My hair looks like crap because it's always damp with sweat. I'm on Climara patch .1 mg/day. HELP!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2003, 11:29 PM

Mrs,

Boy isn't that just the worst?? I have always been one of those kinds of people that was always cold. It's been the running joke in my house about how I always have a blanket draped across me even in the dead of summer. I always used to joke that I was going to enjoy menopause since with hot flahes at least I would finally feel warm!! Well, it didn't take too long once my hot flashes started after my surgery to realize they are not all that great after all. I have been on .625mg of Premerin for about 2 months now and so far they are working fine for me. I havn't had a hot flash since shortly after starting. Sorry I cannot help you out with similiar experiences with the Climara patch but just wanted to say "I feel your pain sister". :-)

Nothing worse then being at work in the middle of a meeting and ones comes on ... thankfully most of my co-workers were simpathetic knowing the surgery I just had and just gently smiled while I tried to cool myself - while keeping clothes on

:-)
Unread 06-12-2003, 01:40 AM

Hi Have you had your hormone levels checked? You're about six months post op, right? This would be a great time to have your levels checked. It sounds like you may need a bit more estrogen.

Another thing to ask your DR about is having your thyroid checked; some women do experience thyroid changes post hyst and this can result in a faulty "thermostat"

Let us know what you find out, OK?
s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2003, 11:17 AM
I can relate..............

I am 3mos post op & they started me on the premarin & I started having really horrible hot flashes & it drives me crazy. I was the same way here at work, I was always freezing at my desk & now after the surgery I had to ask the maint guy to reopen my vent because I am dying. Although the extra air still never makes that fiery hot feeling on my skin go away, it's just a mental thing that I know my vent is open again. But last Wed my NP told me to try the Climara patch & they are such a pain in the butt. They are so nasty to look at on my skin, leaving them on for 7days and they fall off in the shower & I put it back on & just the last couple of days I have had some horrible hot flashes again. Well, yesterday was my day to change my patch & last night I didn't get any sleep, tossed & turned all night & had hot flashes as well!! I know it's only been a week, but I sure would love some releif......the whole thing along with the weight gain from the premarin has been nothing but a total nightmare for me. I was going to call the NP today & see if maybe because I am so active & play a lot of soccer, maybe I need a higher dosage.....I don't know, but it's frustrating & I can relate to how you are feeling. Let's pray we get some good advice & some releif from all this soon. Best of luck!!

Teresa
Unread 06-12-2003, 11:26 AM

(((Teresa))), if your Climara patch isn't sticking well, you won't be getting the full benefit of it. Are you making sure to apply it to clean, dry skin, with no lotions or moisturizing soaps; wipe the area with alcohol and let it dry first; press the patch onto your skin with your palm for at least 10 seconds when you first stick it on; and apply it somewhere where it won't rub against your waistband? Also, you will get about 20% more estrogen from it if you apply it on your upper buttocks rather than on your tummy.

If those things don't work, I'd ask your DR for samples of the Vivelle dot patch. It's much smaller, only has to stay on 3-1/2 days each and sticks a lot better.

Hope this helps!
s,
-Linda
Unread 06-12-2003, 11:48 AM
Linda

Thanks, I did put it on my buttocks last night & I started sweating and the dang thing came off. So, late last night I had to open another one because I couldn't get that one to stick back on. I put this one on the right side tummy now & I have been having hot flashes most of the morning. I made sure the area was clean & dry & held it there for awhile to make sure it stuck. I am just miserable!! I am waiting for a call back and I will mention the vivell dot. Thanks again!!

Teresa
Unread 06-13-2003, 09:19 PM

You made me think of that old song
" We don't have to take our
clothes off-
to have a good time
oh no
We can dance and party all night
and drink some cherry wine all right"

Today in my beauty shop I had to stop and get a towel and wipe my head off
Everyone said OMG! what's wrong what's wrong! They thought I was going to pass out because my face was so red and I had RIVERS of sweat coming out of my head!

That's the worst hot flash I've ever had and I have been on this climara patch for the last 2 months but I can't get it to stick very good. I've had to move the latest patch to a different spot and I know this is having a lot to do with my hot flashes.
Unread 06-16-2003, 09:31 AM
Relief from hot flashes!!

Hopefully, all of you who have been commiserating with me will get this post. My doctor switched me off the climara patch to Cenestin a synthetic estrogen, and I think it's actually working. I switched four days ago and the last two days I've actually been able to blow dry my hair without breaking into a terrible sweat. I think it's actually working!
Unread 06-16-2003, 02:24 PM

Mrs,
That's great to hear!!
It's a wonderful feeling huh? I remember that first time I was able to blow dry my hair and not break out into a sweat .. oh boy!! Within about 5 days from starting on my HRT my hot flashes all but dissapeared and that whole lovely moodyness too (which of course my family is happy for).

Hope this is the fix for you hon!

Unread 06-17-2003, 07:48 AM

I am 4 wks post TAH, had 11 cm. fibroid and bladder sling. I was so happy to come across this website, it has answered so many questions. The first week after my surgery I would get so hot and sweaty I couldn't keep clothes on then with the scar I didn't want anything touching it so I never had pants on, my boyfriend is loving this since I would never sit around with my clothes off.I'm taking Premarin0.9 and it seems to be working fine so far but my problem the past few weeks is my feet, they are dry and peeling and hot at night. I feel like I am shriveling up, they have little wrinkles. I am constantly rubbing lotion or baby oil on them, and last night I even soaked them in warm water with oil and then rubbed cream on them but before I went to bed I had to rub baby oil on them again. Is this a side effect? I am really growing tired of all these things happening to my body it seems to go from one thing to another. And now I read one message that Premarin causes weight gain, is that true? I don't go for my 6 wk. exam till 7/7 but I am going to have a long list of questions for her when I do go. Thanks for listening....

Bonnie Kay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register