fluid in uterus | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

fluid in uterus fluid in uterus

Unread 06-11-2003, 10:41 PM
fluid in uterus

has anyone in this group heard of fluid in the uterus? My friend had cervical cancer and has cured with radiation, now she was tested and her doctor said she has fluid in the uterus. The doctor said he didn't know if it was good fluid or cancerous. she has to have a d and c and possibly another cat scan. She is very scared. I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on this. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2003, 07:50 AM
Ascites

Hi Snoopy,

I believe the fluid may be ascites. I don't have experience with it, but SirenSong does. I'm sure she will reply with info about it later today. She had it.

Good luck to your friend.

Mary D.
Unread 06-12-2003, 10:23 AM
fluid in uterus

Hi, Snoopy.

I actually did not have fluid in my uterus. I had ascitic fluid throughout my abdominal cavity. So I think that may be a different thing. The presence of ascites can indicate a number of things, including heart and liver disease, tuberculosis, cancer, etc. In my case, it was cancer.

The odd thing was . . . although I had fairly advanced cancer, the pathology on the ascitic fluid came back negative. The doctors laughed at that and said there must've been some mistake. They removed 1000ccs of fluid during my surgery.

Oddly, the related abdominal bloating -- which was my only indication that something was wrong -- didn't start until after I had an unrelated emergency appedectomy in early January. I thought something wasn't healing right and didn't know why my stomach was bloated, and luckily I ended up seeing a very thorough internist who immediately did a CT scan and realized that something else was going on.

I wish I knew what fluid in the uterus might mean, but I unfortunately don't. I think having the doctors check it out is the best thing. It could be nothing, and I will pray that it is.

s!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register