Just starting the tests | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just starting the tests Just starting the tests

Unread 06-11-2003, 11:15 PM
Just starting the tests

I have had unusual bleeding symptoms for last 6 months, have a 5cm adnexal cyst yet to be investigated (next week) and Dr wants to do a biopsy after the ultrasound. I have already had a polyp removed (6 years ago) and cant help but worry that I have possibly precancerous hyperplasia and Dr doesn't like the feel of the cyst. Maternal aunt has just had uterine cancer and Grandmother had it in her forties. I have not had children (infertile) and have endometriosis and have always had heavy bleeding. So, after next week maybe I will be joining you ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2003, 07:27 AM
Just starting the tests

Oh, sweetie, I just want reach out and send a big HUG your way. Please don't "write the script." You sound so knowledgeable about your symptoms and your family history. That's wonderful and will only help your doctor. Your doctor, too, is being very thorough and investigating all possibilities. This is such a tough time. And all you can really do is put one foot in front of the other and try not to go insane. Just know that whatever happens, we're here for you. Be sure to keep in touch and let us know what happens. God bless you.
Unread 06-12-2003, 07:40 AM
Just starting the tests

Hi Aussie...

The waiting is the worst..Believe me, I know and so does everyone else here.

The only thing that I can say is that if you do need to join us, we are one awesome group!!! You will not find a better and more informative support system anywhere.

Take Care.
Rosalie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2003, 08:09 AM
Hi Aussie! I hope the wait just flys by!

I can only say what has been posted already....you have alot of information that is helpful to the dr. Let's hope for the absolute best for you. We are all with you here.
Unread 06-12-2003, 09:03 AM
Just starting the tests

Just wanted to add my best wishes, Aussie!

Love Maggie.
Unread 06-12-2003, 05:10 PM
Good Luck

I am thinking about you. Hope it all goes well. My advice, keep busy and do healthy nurturing things for yourself in the meantime. I was just diagnosed two weeks ago and will have surgery this next thurs.

I feel blessed that the medical community has so many skills at this time in history. That is something to be grateful for.

Good luck, Alana
Unread 06-12-2003, 07:55 PM
Clomid experience?

yes - I can see that this forum is so helpful to women. Maureenie you are right - I must stop writing the script! And to everyone else who took the time - thankyou. I'll know where I stand next Wednesday - the radiologist will be able to tell me what is happening as she is a "Doctor Doctor"!!

As I was treated for Infertility with god knows what (but I do know Clomid) does anyone have any experience with the effects of this? My GP said i should have my ovaries out as a precaution - and that was before i got all these symptoms!

Thanks again for your thoughts from Australia!
Unread 06-12-2003, 09:43 PM
Just starting the tests

I don't have any experience with Clomid, since frankly, for most of my "fertile" years, I was either in my first 'not so good' marriage (and we weren't thinking about children) or not married and so, not looking to get pregnant. My gynecologist knew my history so she knew that I'd not been on Clomid. (It WAS a question that one of my (natural) sisters' doctor asked when she told her doctor about my diagnosis.) It's obviously a factor that they take into consisderation.

As far as taking out your ovaries, I had a TAH BSO in April. They did find cancer and I'm going through chemo and radiation right now. I'm in menopause, of course, as a result of the hysterectomy and because of cancer being found in the uterus, they aren't giving me any HRT. You know what? It's not that bad. I get hot flashes more during the evening than during the day. I've never been a sweaty person but now, with a hot flash, the sweat just drips off my forehead. But if my choice was to keep my ovaries and worry about future development of cancer or take out the ovaries and deal with the menopause, I'd choose the menopause. It won't last forever. It's not that bad. Of course, I'm 45 years old and would be dealing with menopause soon enough any way. It's not like I was in my early to mid-30's.

This is all just my opinion. Good luck, aussieone, and God bless.
Unread 06-13-2003, 07:55 AM
Just starting the tests

Hi Aussie

I am not sure if this helps or hinders but I do know that my sister in law was on fertility drugs for both her pregancies and she now goes for different tests to make sure that she does not get ovarian cancer.

She gets sonograms and cat scans on a regular basis.

Just be on top of everything and aware of all.

Rosalie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register