The Neupogen Worked | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The Neupogen Worked The Neupogen Worked

Unread 06-12-2003, 10:36 AM
The Neupogen Worked

My new WBC is 13.6 (which is a bit higher than the 4-11 "normal" range), so I went from 2.8 up to 13.6 after five Neupogen shots. My neutrophils are at 60, which is within the 42-75 "normal" range. That means I can do chemo on Monday!

But . . . my platelets are a bit low (125K, rather than within the "130K-400K "normal" range). I'll get tested again at 7:30 a.m. Monday, and if the platelets have recovered to some sort of normal level, they'll do my chemo right after. (Of course, they said there's nothing I can do to help stimulate platelet production.) Otherwise, they'll wait. My chemo doctor seems to think the platelets will recover.

Now that all this stuff is going on after three chemos, does it mean that I'll be dealing with it for all subsequent chemos? Will I now be on a four-week cycle? (I guess that's a question for my doctor. I'm just rambling.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2003, 11:22 AM
Let's Grow Platelets...

Siren:

Let's hope that we can both grow lots of platelets for Monday. If mine go up from 80 and yours go up too, we will be having our chemos at the same time!!

Here's hoping that we can do it

Linda
Unread 06-12-2003, 02:56 PM
The Neupogen Worked

I am so glad to hear that your counts are up. IMHO I think that the platelets should recover by monday. They aren't down by too much.

Good Luck, and God Bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2003, 03:45 PM
The Neupogen Worked

Hooray!!! I'll say prayers tonight that both you and Linda start producing more platelets!

By the way, I was surfing the web the other day and requested some information from one of the drug companies (Amgen). The info came today and it talks specifically about building white blood cells. I think Amgen is the company that makes Neupogen. Well, this new white blood cell booster drug is called Neulasta and it's made by the same company. They advertise just one dose per cycle, rather than daily injections. Bone pain was reported in 26% of patients. Anyway, I thought I'd pass it along to you. I'm scheduled for my second chemo tomorrow and I'm brining this info with me to review with the dr because my white blood cell levels are down in the "low-normal" range.

P.S. I got this information from a website www.ByMySide.com.

Good luck!
Unread 06-12-2003, 08:46 PM
Siren, I am so glad for you!

Now let's make platelets! Here's hoping all goes well with that on Monday. I will be following you a week later with my first chemo.
Hugs and prayers!
Unread 06-12-2003, 08:52 PM
The Neupogen Worked

For Siren and Linda to make many platelets this weekend!!!!

oxoxox karenann

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register