Opinions, please! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Opinions, please! Opinions, please!

Unread 06-12-2003, 05:35 PM
Opinions, please!

Hello all. First post for me. What a great site! I have gained so much info already...........

After a several years of gyn problems and recent anemia, I recently had a hysteroscopy as a followup for an ultrasound which stated an enlarged uterus, a hypoechoic mass seen in the posteroir aspect of the uterine body on the left, chareristic of a uterine fibroid, measuring larger than on the proir study. The endometrial stripe is quite thickened measuring 18.0mm, greater than would be expected than any time during the menstrual cycle.

Interestingly, the hysteroscopy showed nothing in the lining of the uterus. I have an appointment tomorrow and will ask the Dr. if there could be a fibroid growing outside of the uterus. Anyone had a similar experience?

LSO January 2002. Luckily no pain lately, just anemic. Regular cycle, just HEAVY bleeding and clotting. Pending my most recent blood tests, which I will find out about tomorrow, the Dr is now backing off his original statement that it may be time for a hysterectomy. Somewhat relieved, but also concerned about doing nothing.

How good is an ultrasound?? Any recommend questions for the Dr?

Thanks for your support!!
Mar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2003, 05:46 PM
Opinions, please!

Hi MarianneCat,

Welcome to Hyster Sisters!!

While I'm sorry that you are having problems, I am glad that you found us and posted to introduce yourself.

I didn't have my hyst for the same reason, so I don't have any personal experiences to share, but I believe you'll find several threads with information on fibroids in our resources forum, found here:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...s=&forumid=164

Please keep on reading and researching and post any additional questions that you may have - we'll do our best to help.

's
Unread 06-12-2003, 05:57 PM
Opinions, please!

((((((((((Mariannecat))))))))))

Here is the definition I got off the net.

Uterine fibroids are noncancerous tumors of the uterus that appear during your childbearing years. Fibroids can develop on the inside, or outside lining of your uterus , or within its muscular wall.

Hope this helps.

You may also want to check out the hysterectomy options boards.

Good luck,

Pamcat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register