Swollen joints and painful heels anybody know what it is? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swollen joints and painful heels anybody know what it is? Swollen joints and painful heels anybody know what it is?

Unread 06-12-2003, 05:45 PM
Swollen joints and painful heels anybody know what it is?

Anybody have serious illness associated with TAH/BSO? I was extremely sick before and after having my operation. I am still struggling to find out just exactly what is the reason for it all. I had no endo, no cysts just a prolapse and that was proably due to infection STD and anemia.

I keep trying to ask the doctors why and get no where especially with the GYN's. They are like talking to a dummy. Do they act that way to all women who ask for hysterectomies?

Any informed help will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2003, 12:01 PM

Hi Tin Lizzy,
I'm sorry you're still having problems. You will find many of us here on The Road who continue to have problems after our hyst.

What kind of problems are you having? I have alot of tummy and GI related problems, as well as chronice abdominal and pelvic pain. I have the beginnings of carpal tunnel syndrome and am going in for surgery on 6/23 for a deviated septum, just to name a few of the things I have going on.

I can relate to your issues with doctors. I've been to so many that I've lost count. However along the way I have found a few who are keepers. Those few have made the search worthwhile. Keeping trying and if one doctor isn't giving you answers than find another.

As you see you are not alone. You have found some friends who can relate.
Unread 06-14-2003, 05:18 PM

Helllo Kim

Thanks for the kind words. I am sorry you are having so many health issues. I know just having one is hard enough but when another one and another one crop up it is almost impossible sometimes.

My stuff is mainly in my lower back and pelvic pain. Also I am having trouble with the HRT or NHRT. I tried Premarin and developed precancerous cysts. Then, I switched to Mexican Wild Yam and Black Cohosh and still I am having hot....flashes all the time. Today while I was at store I started sweating and boy o boy was I hot. After it was all over I started sneezing like I was getting a cold. This is really dangerous if it was cold outside I would end up with pneumonia.

My doctors have not been the greatest. After posting my last post I went to the local medical center. The woman doc who examined me was nice "a big surprize." She prescribed some antibiotics and did a lab test. I have found that just because they are women doesn't necessarily mean they are more understanding or helpful. That is really a tragedy since men clump together and support one another like flies on s***.

I just hope that my body equalizes and I get some relief. I also hope that my community starts understanding that hot flashes are sometimes caused environmentally as well like with intimidation and harassment. It must be regulated by blood pressure and I have noticed high pitch sounds set me a flashing.

Sorry to ramble on.

Tin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2003, 12:00 PM

My journey thru the hormonal was a long one, but I did finally find relief. If you're interested in trying the bio identical compounded hormones a Compounding Pharmacist may be a good place to start. My pharmacist was and is of great help to me. It has been a team effort. Me, my doctor, my sisters here and my compounding pharmacist have all helped to guide me in the right direction. This site www.iacprx.org has more info on the compounded hormones and also has a pharmacy locator.

It may be worthwhile to have your thyroid checked also. It is not unusual for the thyroid to go out of whack following a hyst. You can read more about the thyroid here https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsa...hp?s=&id=97225 Janie's thyroid story is worth reading also https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsa...hp?s=&id=97224

As far as male vs female doctors, I've had good and bad of both sexes. My Osteo doc is female and is currently going thru menopause herself so she does understand alot about hormones, my gs doc is male and is absolutely an angel. He has tried so very hard to help me. It's what is in the doctor's that counts, not whether they are male or female.

Good luck Tin Lizzy! Hang in there and keep trying, keep seeking the answers and relief that you deserve.
Unread 06-15-2003, 05:24 PM

Hey Kim

Thanks for the suggestions I will follow up with them. Already went to the compounding pharm. site. It looks like that might help and I will definately follow it up.

I think I am having a problem with either anemia or mononucleosis. I don't know if I spelled that right. But I heard that if you have it and it goes untreated for a long time it starts attacking your joints and causing arthritis. I know since I started drinking protein shakes and taking lots of vitamins I have noticed sometimes the pain goes away. Has anyone ever suggested that to you?

After my surgery I lost weight because I felt bad all the time and the surgical menopause was kicking off in high gear. Recently, I have just started realizing just how much it has mangled my entire system. I don't get hungry like I did. My bowels are very sensitive. It would be funny if we both were going through the same thing wouldn't it? Anyway.

I love the little emoticons or whatever you call them in your posts. Where do you find them?

Also, I love your pictures in your album. Looks like fun to travel on a motorcycle.

Tin
Unread 06-16-2003, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tin Lizzy
I love the little emoticons or whatever you call them in your posts. Where do you find them?
Hi Tin,
You'll see the smilies in a box to your left when you're replying to or starting a post. Click on the Get More and you will see a list of the 141 smilies that are available. You can either double click on the one you want to use or you can type the code directly in your post. For example : lol : (without the spaces) gives you

Quote:
Also, I love your pictures in your album. Looks like fun to travel on a motorcycle.
Thank you, but it really wasn't my cycle. I was just standing next to it, thought it would make a fun pic. I broke my clavicle bone years ago while riding on a cycle and haven't been on one since.

I do take lots of vitamins and supplements. I recently started back on some special supplements my Osteopathic doctor prescribed me. I had stopped for awhile because it was getting to be soooo expensive. I think my body was telling me that it was getting run down again so I shelled out the $$$ . If it helps it is money well spent.

My bowels are very sensitive and I can relate to the food thing also. Have you been to a Gastrologist for a thorough work up yet?

Unread 06-16-2003, 03:38 PM

Hello Kim

Thanks for the help here with the emoticons now I will try to use them.

I am glad you are taking supplements. I hope that it works for me after a while. Every day I notice a little improvement. Maybe that is me being forever hopeful but I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Are you married is that your hubby in the pics? I'm single and I like it that way. I have had so many problems that I just can't see getting involved. It just suits me better being alone.

Bye for now.
(It took me a couple of edits before I got the little buggers to work,

Tin

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register