Desperate | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-14-2003, 02:43 AM
Desperate

Sorry Sisters, I know this will be long. I don't know what else to do any more. My Vivelle-dot patch and Paxil both have been increased. I was taken off the cholesteral meds, Zetia, because it can cause fatigue and stomach pain, which I've had BIG time! I am still so fatigued, depressed and aching all over. I have Fibromyalgia and I know it can cause all this, but this is getting worse. I have no enthusiasm whatsoever. It's all I can do to post this. When I go to bed, I have to put a king sized heating pad on my calves and feet because of the aching and they freeze to death. It takes at least an hour to get them warm. I have always been hot natured, even before menopause. I also have Erythromylagia, which causes my feet and hands to be very red and very hot. It's worse in hot weather and an aspirin a day fixes it, but the aspirin bothers my stomach. Have hiatal hernia.

Today, I got up at 3 pm. I ate breakfast, got back in bed and slept until 9:15 pm. I felt drugged with sleep. I don't think I could get up if my house caught on fire! It's nothing to sleep 12-15 hrs. I'd probably just lay there and die if it were not for my 14 yr old cat. He's the only consistent thing in my life, not to mention, the love of my life. I have a functional alcoholic dad in another state. Never know what I'll get when I call him. I also have a long-time friend and her husband who nag at each other constantly. She dwells on her problems and never wants to hear mine. I have 2 other friends that never give me any feed back. One tells me, "You'll be alright" all the time. The other one has stopped calling and will not be honest with me. I think it's because I stopped running all her errands, and I'm sure she's probably tired of hearing me, as I am myself!

I'm 55 yrs old and have never felt so alone. It scares me to death how much I have accepted my life as it is. I don't even cry any more. I'm completely numb. Some times I feel like I'm in another world with no one else in it. So many days, I want to go out and do things, but I can't even get dressed. Even if I can, I've been in so long, that I'm fearful of going out. I don't even know what I'm fearful of!

I feel like I shouldn't even be wasting your time with all my problems. I feel like a hopeless case. I have a disscociative disorder, on top of everything else, that I don't normally tell people about. Right now, I don't care who knows. People usually run, not understanding. My doctors always blame everything on this...and that's that! I get treated like a mental case half the time and I'm not!

Well, I'll stop rambling. Thanks for just listening. I sure need lots of prayers. They really do work. God must really have more plans for me.

Thanks and God bless you all,
Sherrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2003, 03:10 AM
Desperate

It is 4 am and I can't sleep, I am so sorry you are going through all of this. I know what you mean about feeling so alone. Please hang in there and know that I hope things somehow get better for you. Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you and I care. I don't have all the problems you do but I feel for you. God bless you and wishing you all the best.
Unread 06-14-2003, 08:48 AM
Desperate

dear lazyfeline,

I'm so sorry to read about all you're dealing with, especially being alone. I don't really know what advice to give, except that I really think you would benefit from counseling in addition to medication. In particular, I wonder about group therapy? (I have alcoholic relatives and found Alanon really helpful at one time in my life--growing up with an alcoholic has a huge, lasting effect on a person.) These support groups are also ways to connect with other people, which is something it sounds like you really need at this point.

Also, the reason for your great fatigue needs to be investigated: do you feel confident that your doctors have explored all the possible reasons for it?

I'm sorry not to be able to offer more suggestions....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2003, 11:40 AM
Desperate

{{{Sherrie}}}
I am truly sorry that you're having such a difficult time. Please don't give up. I've been on this Road for 3 years now, and there are many times I would like to throw in the towel and surrender, but I know that I have to continue seeking those all elusive answers. If I don't do it I know that I will certainly not get better.

If your current doctors aren't helping, perhaps you should seek another opinion. I've been to many many doctors since my hyst 4 years ago. You never know when you open the there may be *the* doctor on the other side. I've been to bad doctors who didn't help, made me cry, or practically slammed the door in my face. But than there are a few who have made all the countless hours of tests and waiting worthwhile. If I had given up I would never have seen these wonderful doctors who continue to try and help me put this puzzle together, piece by piece.

You are not alone Sherrie. You have sisters who care and understand what you are going thru.
Unread 06-14-2003, 05:17 PM
Desperate

Dear Sherrie,
My heart goes out to you. I don't know too much about how the hormones play into your symptoms ( I kept my ovaries), but I do know about the fibromyalgia and the depression. How long have you been on the paxil? My son (17 yrs. old) was on Paxil for 3 1/2 years and all of a sudden, it stopped working for him. The dr. tried increasing it with no positive results. It was explained to us that these meds sometimes "poop out" in other words, stop working and you need to change the medication completely. As for the fibro, I have it also and I know the feeling of being in so much pain that you just want to pull the covers over your head and go back to sleep. I found that walking helps with energy levels. Do you take something to help sleep at nite? I take a muscle relaxer--most with fibro don't sleep soundly and then it becomes a vicious cycle as you must know.

Take care and I'll be thinking of you
Carol
Unread 06-15-2003, 02:12 AM
Fibro

Thanks Carol. I know what you mean about the Paxil. I've been taking it for quite a few years (?). More than 20 mg. gives me bad headaches, so I'm taking 20 mg. one day and 30 mg. the next. I think this might do the trick. I pray that it does. It's the only thing left that I can take (tried everything in the book!) that my doc gets for me free through the company's patient assistant program. I'm disabled and can't afford it or most of my other meds.

I slept another 12 hours last night, but actually woke up feeling refreshed! I can't remember the last time I woke up feeling like that. I had so many plans, in my head of course, but after washing a few dishes and a load of clothes, I was pooped.

I really think the cholesterol meds were causing a lot of the extra muscle pain. Why in the world do doctors give you something that may make what you have worse! My doc's on vacation for 2 weeks, but I'm certainly going to have a long talk with her. It was not supposed to have any side effects and I guess she was hoping I'd be ok. My cholesterol is 352, very dangerous! The fatigue was awful!

I also take Neurontin 600 mg. 4x day. It really helps with the muscle pain and actually stabilizes my moods. I started out taking it for Myoclonus. The right side of my body started jumping all around. MRI showed a white spot at the back of my brain. Neurologist said the only way that can happen (where the spot is) is when an infant is shook. It really doesn't surprise me. Anyway, the Neurontin ended up helping a lot of other things too. Ask your doc about it.

My best friend has Fibro and tons of other problems too. We've been talking about going down to the Mayo Clinic in Florida to really get checked out. As you know, it all comes and goes, or I should say it lightens up.

Well, I've rambled on enough. I don't know when to shutup when I get started. I do know it was a blessing to run across the Hyster Sisters website. You're all

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register