Newbie again! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Newbie again! Newbie again!

Unread 06-14-2003, 01:36 PM
Newbie again!

Hello, I am writing for the 2nd time...the first time was back in Nov when I was told that I had ACIS. At that time I had a cold knife cone/D&C and was told that I did not have ACIS but actually a glandular overgrowth that mimics ACIS. The hysterectomy never took place. I went 2 months ago for my follow-up pap and the cancer lab was divided on my results. They sent the labs to Harvard and then back to the tumor board of the cancer hospital where my doc practices and am now told that I have AGUS that are hyperplastic but they can not rule out a dysplastic process. I have been scheduled for an abdominal hysterectomy and will also have my ovaries removed as they are really not sure what is going on. I have a gyn onchologist from the first diagnosis that is going to do the hysterectomy. I wonder if anyone else has had this see saw and does something like this usually mean cancer?Also, have you had problems with insurance coverage/costs due to your diagnosis? My husband had melanoma in situ and needed no treatment other than removal and our insurance is costing $14,000 per year for my 3 person family. I'm terrified of what will happen to our rates now. Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2003, 11:54 PM
Newbie again!

Good luck with your surgery - hopefully they will work out exactly what is happening.

I am amazed about your story of Insurance costs - in Australia everyone pays the same amount regardless of what has happened to them - no loading at all. Costs the average family around $1500 pa plus a government medicare levy based on income. This would entitle you to have a private room in any hospital in Australia and your own surgeon. There could be out of pocket expenses of say $500 if your surgeon charges more.
If you decide not to take out private insurance, then you have full free access to public hospitals, there is no charge at all but you cant choose your doctor and you might have to wait if surgery is elective.

I wont grizzle again about our medical system!
Unread 06-15-2003, 08:03 AM
Newbie again!

Hello, yes, medical costs are soaring here and it is frightening! I'm so glad all of you "down under" aren't under the same system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2003, 12:32 PM
Newbie again!

Yes, medical costs are outrageous but our lives are even more important. MY feeling is always do what you need to and i will worry about the bills later.

Luckily I have excellent insurance with very very little out of pocket expense but I do have friends that are paying and paying for procedures. I know it is difficult but....think of the other alternative,,, not soo good.

Cheer up

Rosalie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register