Any May 29th surgery ladies out there?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any May 29th surgery ladies out there?? Any May 29th surgery ladies out there??

Unread 06-15-2003, 02:11 PM
Any May 29th surgery ladies out there??

I had my TAH on May 29th and although I know everyone heals differently, I was just wondering how you all are doing. Week 2 I started to feel great now at 2 1/2 wks. I feel like week 1!!?? What is your activity level??? What are you doing if anything around the house?? Just wondering!! We can go through this together!!

Whitney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2003, 03:44 PM
surgery May 27th

Shooker my surgery was just 2 days before yours and I know how you feel. I am really starting to feel better, but I am so darned tired all the time. My husband and 3 boys I think are beginning to get tired of this. It is Father's Day today after all and I don't feel like doing anything. I feel really bad, but instead of going to the amusement park or pool I wanted to take a nap. I told my DH he could take the boys on his own, but he wanted to stay as a family. I did go to the park last weekend so we could get our season passes processed and let me tell you was I sore when I got home. We stayed like 1 and 1/2 hrs. while the boys went on some rides.

I am really trying to start doing somethings around the house like folding the laundry, putting the dishes in dishwasher and putting them away. I try and go for a walk around the neighborhood everyday. I am getting much faster at that. Yesterday it didn't even hurt after.

My 3 boys and I went to the mall on Friday to try and get presents for my DH and I was really hurting when I got home. I had to go lay down for like 2 hrs.

All and all I think I am doing very well. I just wish doing things didn't wipe me out so fast. I have my first po appointment this Thursday. I am hoping to be released to go back to swimming. I think the resident who saw me before I was released from the hospital actually said I could go back to my water aerobic class after 2 weeks, but I really don't feel up to it yet anyway.

Stay positive and I know we will be back to normal in no time.
Unread 06-15-2003, 04:33 PM

Shooker,
Hi! I had my surgery on May 29th, also. I, like you have had a little bit of a set back this week. From all that I read, it may be due to the fact that the internal stitches have started to dissolve. I go to the doctor tomorrow for my 2nd post-op check and hope that she will allow me to drive because I have a bad case of cabin fever. There are only so many books that you can read and you can only watch so much TV. I try to get out every day and walk, but my neighborhood is pretty boring....we live out in the country. As far as housework goes, I load and unload the dishwasher and fold laundry(it would never get folded if I waited for my DH to do it) and that is about it. I have found that I feel much worse if I do too much, so I am learning to be a better .

Take Care :Hug:
FutureTeach
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2003, 06:17 PM

Hi, I had my TAH-BSO surgery on May 20th. I too tire easily and still if I do too much my swelly belly swells even more. I am trying to do more things around the house (my DH has been a jewel) but I am finding that I still pay maybe even more. Week One probably went as well as it did because of the pain pills, ha. Hang in there.....I am trying to.
Unread 06-15-2003, 09:04 PM

Hi,
I am a May 29th princess also. My doc told me at my 2 wk. check that I was doing incredibly well and to continue with whatever I was doing. Well, all I have been doing is resting. I walk around the neighborhood in the a.m. and I have been out for lunch a couple of times. I'm really beginning to feel much better, but I'm being soooo careful not to do too much. I also suffer from chronic migraines and being over-tired will bring one on in a minute! I just keep thinking about what I read on this site, "you only have one chance to heal." So, I look at the messy house and piled dishes and just move into another room! I'm not even in a rush to start driving because once I do, that will be it, I'll be out driving folks around all day.
I had a TAH/BSO.

Charlene
Unread 06-16-2003, 12:04 AM
May 29th Princess

Hi Whitney,
I'm also a May 29th I had a TAH, kept my ovaries. My MD had pictures taken of my uterus after surgery. You can clearly see the five large fibroids that caused my problems. The pictures are not gross, they're very clear and pretty clean. According to the pathology report my uterus weighed 445 grams, almost one pound. (453.57 grams equals one pound) When my MD said almost one pound I couldn't believe it surely she meant to say 20 pounds. She told me a normal uterus weighs approx. 50 grams, so mine was nearly ten times the size it should have been.

My recovery has been going pretty well. I attribute part of my successful recovery to my recliner. My son was with me to pamper me the for the first week after surgery, since then I've been at home alone.

One week after surgery I began spotting, just a very light pink discharge, which has completely stopped after one week.

I'm having trouble with pains and bm's this week. But, over all I think I'm doing pretty good. I stopped taking all pain medications Monday morning following the surgery.

I must admit, I cheated Tuesday and drove to McDonald's to get something to eat. I must tell you it wasn't worth the trip. I wasn't really hungry, just stir crazy. My dog knew I was doing wrong, for the first time in three years, instead of going out the back door to the back yard, he went under my car. I had to plead, beg, yell for him to come out. Of course I couldn't bend to see him under the car. I was so scared he was going to take off running down the drive way and through the park. (I live next door to a nice size park)

That was my punishment for not being the perfect princess.

I'm getting around very well and the only discomfort is the gas pains. I'm even sleeping comfortably on my side. It's been raining quite a bit here lately, so I've been walking back and forth in my hallway. It's boring, but it helps to walk to relieve some of the gas pains.

Right now, I miss work. My mother thinks I lost part of my mind with this surgery. :-) But, I don't miss the work, I miss being at work. The social aspect. I don't know what I'm going to do for the next four weeks. I have a stack of books and little desire for day time TV.

I hope you're experiencing a good recovery as well. Take care.
Unread 06-16-2003, 09:49 AM

I had TAH/BSO/Appy 5/29...

Week one was wonderful, felt great, but I still listened & rested.
Week 2 was awful! I was so tired, night sweats, insomonia & my mood was terrible! I also had a UTI, which I still don't think is cleared!
But, at the start of week #2, my family also STOPPED helping out, so I had to lecture that I was still recovering & to BE NICE!

Overall-I feel that I'm doing pretty wonderful, but do get very tired.

I did go a to Catholic Wedding/Reception on Saturday---16 days post op, ended up being gone from home for 9 hours, had to drive home (only 30 minutes) but was beat!!!!!!
Since then, I have been plagued with awful swelly belly! So, just rested yesterday @ the pool with the kids & plan to do the same today!
Keep in touch------
Sarah2
Unread 06-16-2003, 01:37 PM

Hello Sisters,

My surgery was May 27. I'm very grateful to be doing so well. Today I walked up to 9 houses and back. This is week 3 for me so I'm getting cabin fever. I, too, have read every book ,magazine in the house, even the placemats...but haven't tried the back of the toothpaste yet, ahhahahah!!!
The first 2 weeks I had lot's of company, but it's fading now! I walk a few times every day and do small stuff around the house.
I've spent a lot of time writing thank you notes, sleeping, eating and talking to people who call on the phone. Friday night I turned on some Rachmaninov rhapsodies and did some glass painting. That was fun!
That letter I read on here about having only one time to heal right meant a lot to me as well!
Unread 06-16-2003, 04:17 PM
May 29th too.

And boy I'm doing great! Keep worrying that I'll have a relapse cos I feel so good.

I'm driving...been out shopping at 1 week post op. Had my nails done..been to two dinner parties... started walking the dogs with hubby..... BUT I"M BORED!

I had my daughter visit for the first week so now I'm lonely too.

I'll have to find something to distract me or I'll end up cleaning out my closet...and that's a big job!
Unread 06-18-2003, 06:53 PM

shooter

My surgery was May 28th, I've felt great since the 3rd day, its hard not to do things, but I'm careful and let my body tell me when to slow down........ I've been to a couple of parties and out to lunch and also on a get away weekend, this past weekend.. I've been putting dishes in the dishwasher, doing wash, and other light chores and also driving and a lot of waking. I do try to lay down and nap or at least rest during the day.....

Its hard for me not to vacume ( I have white carpet) but I think thats a definite no no until at least the 6 week mark.. I would like to know if anybody has tried it earlier.???? well heres to a great recovery and get well soon

hugs
connie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register