Umbilical hernia RETURNS!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Umbilical hernia RETURNS!! Umbilical hernia RETURNS!!

Unread 06-15-2003, 03:55 PM
Umbilical hernia RETURNS!!

Hi sisters..

I had my hernia repaired and is has ripped YET again!! It does not hurt much, just some burning when I do anything strenuous.
Of course it is lop-sided on one side and the side it is on sticks out but I dont know if it is something that could cause problems later or not.

It actually seems larger than it was before he repaired it. I am sure it is due to the straining from the rectocele but should I have them repair it again or just leave it alone?? I am still waiting to schedule my repair surgery and I dont think it requires going through my navel although I am not sure on that.

Thanks for any input...

HUGS to all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2003, 11:57 PM
Hi pam............

Girl.......You have certainly had you share of trouble lately haven't you? I'm sorry about this latest developement. I kind of feel like the hernia queen, I've had 3 repaired within the last 7 months and have a large piece of hernia mesh from hip bone to hip bone but feel as if I too am having the same symptoms of a hernia that I was having prior to my most recent repair. My surgeon is waiting until I am further post op to make sure that it isn't just post-op pain that I am still feeling.

In answer to your question..Yes...it is important that you have this looked into. I know you don't want to hear this but hernias never repair themselves and always get larger with time. Be sure to call your Dr (preferably the one who repaired it last time) and let him have a look at it. I wish you all the best!!! Let us know what he says.

Dawn
Unread 06-16-2003, 08:20 AM

Pam....

I am sorry to hear this ... hopefully it will turn out not to be another hernia. I hope it is something else ... something that can be fixed less invasively ... with rest.

Please do call the doc who did the hernia repair and let him have a look.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2003, 11:59 AM

I agree that you need to have this checked out. I think if it were me I would be seeing more than one doctor, though. You know, two heads are better than one. You don't want a repeat of this if you can avoid it!!
Unread 06-16-2003, 12:17 PM

Thanks for the advise!!

Unfortunatly my Gyn is the one that repaired my hernia during my lap. I also am seeing my PCM (she is the one that found it in the first place) and I am also still awaiting my second surgery and waiting to see the General Surgeon, so I actually have 3 opinins and 4 if you want to count my Uro..lol.

I am POSITIVE it is ripped again, I can feel the same hole that was there before and it is larger than it was before he repaired it the first time. I guess probably because he had to extend the incision to repair it according to my surgical report.

I am just soooo frusterated and was REALLY hoping that I would have NO more navel incisions. Going in again will make it the 5th time they have had to go through it and I know that weakens it everytime.

I am also having some severe pelvic pain again. I am praying that it is related to my back and the injections will work and make it ALL go away. OK, I CAN hope cant I??

Thanks for all of the support and help!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register