Stage 3C Ovarian Cancer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stage 3C Ovarian Cancer Stage 3C Ovarian Cancer

Unread 06-17-2003, 08:50 AM
Stage 3C Ovarian Cancer

Well, Ladies, I got a copy of my histology report, and I'm at Stage 3C. And my surgeon confirmed that my adenocarcinoma of the duodenum that I was operated on for last September (in Canada) was a metastasis of the ovarian cancer.

I lost about 25 pounds at that time - went close to 100, went up to 117, and, now after my TAH for ovarian cancer, weigh in at 104.5 - I gained a half pound. I am enjoying eating whatever I want for the moment.

I checked my files, and my last (the second) CA 125 (II) - done at a major lab in Miami - revealed a number of 2358. The first CA 125 -but without the (II)- done in Sept of last year was 224. Got my file out to check the exact numbers. (I did not get the results as did not know it had been done, and had left the country, until earlier this year). Then, all started to fall into place.

Expect a drop in the CA 125 (II) when it's done again after my third chemo - next week. Has anyone else experienced front muscles from hips to just above knees wanting to 'seize up' during chemo?

TAH ovarian cancer May 8, 2003 with hernia repair as about 5 gallons of liquid from the cancer 'weeping'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2003, 10:32 AM
3C Here too

I didn't experience the tightening you describe--it could be neuropathy (which I had pre-existing the treatments) or it could be tension--you tense up knowing what's going into you.
I would catch myself tensing up a lot during chemo and then moving in the chair to relax myself. Are you on taxol/carbo or what chemos? Ellen
Unread 06-17-2003, 12:06 PM
Stage 3C Ovarian Cancer

Wild Rose,

I am so sorry that your diagnosis is Stage 3C, but you'll get through this. I'm getting through it. Ellen's gotten through it. Karenann has gotten through it. So you will, too!

My doctor prescribed Ativan to deal with some of the uncomfortableness/panic in the chemo room. I'm now finding that it's one of the only things that helps me sleep, so I'm grateful for the prescription in general.

What is a CA125 (II)?

Please let us know what your next CA125 reading is. I know it will fall to a more reasonable number. In the meantime, you're in my prayers. s!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2003, 01:41 PM
Stage 3C Ovarian Cancer

Hi Rose...

I too had ovarian cancer at stage 3. In fact many of us on this site have been diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer. Is it scary??? YES it is.... BUT we are all still here talking about our experiences.

I too would like to know what ca125 II is???

Keep in touch.

Rosalie
Unread 06-17-2003, 02:47 PM
Stage 3C Ovarian Cancer

s WildRose

Lots of 3c'ers around here. You are in good company.
It angers me that you went from last Sept's surgery until May to get word of your proper diagnosis. Geez............
I do know some women who while receiving taxol and carboplatin get what is called restless leg syndrome. Their legs just get this terrible urge to move all over the bed. Is this anything like what you are describing? Ativan helps them alot.
I too am wondering what is a ca 125 II?

karenann
Unread 06-17-2003, 03:44 PM
An improved version of the original CA125 assay, CA 125-II, is now commercially avail

I found that statement during a google search
Unread 06-17-2003, 04:17 PM
Stage 3C Ovarian Cancer

Ativan is the only thing that helps me sleep. I don't think I have restless leg syndrome, but . . . I want to keep the Ativan handy for those "no estrogen no sleep" nights . . . which seem to be every night now.

New and improved CA125?
Unread 06-17-2003, 05:44 PM
Had CA-125(II) in 2001

I'm looking at a copy of my CA-125(II) from 2001. (I always refer to it as just "CA-125" despite the "II" designation.) It has "Abbott" in parentheses after the test name. I assume that's Abbott Laboratories, who I suspect must be the test manufacturer. I recall wondering at the time I got a copy of these results if the reason my results went from 8 to 14 had anything to do with the fact that the reports of my earlier tests did not have the "II" designation after the test name. If you check your lab reports and you had the CA-125(II), the report should state so.

MoeKay
Unread 06-18-2003, 06:58 AM
Stage 3C Ovarian Cancer

Dear Wild Rose, it must be hard finally having a diagnosis. You'll be in my thoughts for treatment that goes without few complications. You are in such good company here. The 3C'ers here are very smart, courageous, and living life to the fullest.
Unread 06-18-2003, 07:43 AM
Stage 3C Ovarian Cancer

Hi, Wild Rose. Just want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. Frankly, I think too much emphasis is put on numbers and stages (my opinion only). I've read too many stories about people who were staged higher and were told to get their affairs in order because there was no hope, who are still walking and talking around us. For myself, my focus is on being as aggressive as I can possibly be in fighting this cancer and believing to my core, that God has a plan for me and that plan includes being healthy. Even if I don't always "know it", I'll "act as if" that's the truth. The body believes what the mind tells it!

By the way, I just want to share an amusing story: I was undergoing radiation treatment last night and was laying on the machine, trying to think postive thoughts, when I thought, "You know, Maureen, an awful lot of people are praying for you now... You should say a prayer for them." So, I thought about this and prayed, "Dear God, I'm praying for all those people who are keeping me in their prayers these days... I pray you LISTEN to them!" LOL! :-) I'm now at Day 6 after the second chemo treatment and slowly but surely, bone pain is going away and sense of humor is coming back. I'll be o.k. So will you, Wild Rose!

P.S. With my second chemo, I did experience some jumpiness of the leg muscles, but after the first chemo experience, I chalked this all up to nerves. Once things were moving along, about 45 minutes into getting the Taxol, I started to calm down and twitches stopped.

Good luck and God bless.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register