Prolapsed Uterus | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Prolapsed Uterus Prolapsed Uterus

Unread 06-17-2003, 08:25 PM
Prolapsed Uterus

I'm new to this site. I was referred by a friend as I'm trying to do some research on the prblem that I have been experiencing. I went to the doctor about 2 months ago at that time he told me that I had a vaginal cyst and a kidney/bladder and bacterial infection. He gave me an antibiotic at that time. About 2 weeks later I had to go back to the doctor again for brochical asthma. I could not get to my regular doctor but I asked more questions because I felt that what I was feeling when I wiped was getting worst. She examined me and could not feel what I was feeling because I was lying down. I finally convinced her to examine me standing up. This is when I convinced the doc what I was feeling. But then the second time around was a female versus a male. She also confirmed that I still had the bacterial infection. In between time I went to the gyno, he confirmed that I had a prolapse uterus and this is what I have been feeling.

SInce the gyno I have gone back to my regular doctor and still have the bacterial infection. I go back on Friday but I think I still have the infection. I think the uterus is dropping more. I felt like this afternoon the uterus was falling out of me and I had a burning funny feeling, if that makes since. But then my period should start on Sunday so maybe my body is just getting ready for my period. I don't know.

I'm 46 years old so keeping my uterus is not a problem. But the doctor is letting me make the decision of keeping one or both of my ovaries. If anybody get give me some information on keeping their ovaries I would appreciate it. Or if somebody knows where I can do some research. I would appreciate it.

We are looking at doing surgery sometime after 7/15. This is when we come back home from vacation. The gyno would not do it before because of the bronchitis and then he was on vacation. He would not do it when I was coughing so hard and I understand this.

So this is where I sit and this is only the beginning. Any help or guidance will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Darlis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2003, 11:45 AM
Prolapsed Uterus

Dear Darlis:

This is a good forum for info on prolapse: http://groups.msn.com/choiceforprola...pgmarket=en-au

And you will also find lots of other good info in this forum: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...s=&forumid=164

I had a TVH for prolapse. My doc offered to take the ovaries *as long as he was in there* I decided to keep them if they were healthy. They will continue to put out good stuff for my bones, heart, eyes, skin, etc. even after menopause. I am over 4 years post-op now (age 47) and they are atill puttering along ok

In hindsight, I seemed to have LOTS of bladder infections and yeast infections before the hyst. I have had almost none since. I think the collapsed nature of my innards was making for a cozy place for bacteria to hang out.

Only YOU must live with your pre-op symptoms and your post-op results, good OR bad. Get smart about your symptoms and your options. Get 2 or 3 medical opinions, and make the best choic for YOU.

I am sending huge cyberhugs
Unread 06-24-2003, 06:47 PM
Prolapsed Uterus

Hi Darlis,

Here's a link to an article that discusses whether or not to keep your ovaries. I hope it is helpful!

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsa...hp?s=&id=96912

I didn't have prolapse, so I can't share any personal experiences with that. I was 46 at the time of my TAH/BSO a year and a half ago and I had my ovaries removed because I had severe stage 4 endometrosis. I wanted to do everything possible to rid my body of the endo ...

I know these decisions are difficult. Sending positive energy and gentle hugs your way.

Beth

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register